On The Road With The MRC

Just shoot the breeze and talk about anything.
Tapp903

On The Road With The MRC

Post by Tapp903 »

To start with this is Double Barrell but i didnt know my password so im using Tapp's. Well day one is complete here at the Beautiful Bristol Dragway. To start with we left home shortly after 6pm wednesday evening headed up this way. As me and Greg is getting off hwy 25 onto hwy 26 we catch up with Chris and CJ Tapp and thats where our trip went down hill. My battery light comes on in my truck so we stop off at the fletcher exit 2 check it out. My alternator has went out on my truck so i called Robbie Stott up and got him 2 pick me a new alternator up and bring it 2 me. (special thanks 2 Robbie and Dylan 4 coming 2 my rescue) Well after 2 hours of sitting idle we get back on the road. We start up the mountain and chris motorhome starts running hot. So we stopped 2 times 4 it 2 cool and 4 us 2 do some rig work on it so we can make it 2 the track. Once we finally make it up the mountain ( at times only running 10 mph) :lol: :lol: :lol: It was all smooth sailing from there. Finally after 6 1/2 hours we make it 2 Bristol Dragway. We got everything unloaded and set some stuff up and soon hit the sack so we would be ready 2 go racing.

Now its race day and me and chris get up around 7 and are pumped bout the race day. Greg and Cj sleep in a lil later and Greg finally rolls out of bed and cj still sleeps a lil longer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Once we all get up and get everything ready we head 2 tech and get ready 4 practice. We all get our 1st practice run in and cj goes triple 0 on tree and me, greg, and kevin gets good hits as well. We have a oil down during practice and our down 4 prob nearly 2 hours. We get our 2nd practice run and all of us get good hits again and our pumped 4 1st round. Everette rolls out and goes 001 red, cj misses the tree and gets beat and me, greg, and kevin all roll past 1st round saving our buy back money. They roll out in the buy back round and Everette goes 002 red and cj turns the W on. 2nd rnd rolls around and me, kevin, cj, and greg all roll and are getting pumped about the upcoming 3rd rnd. I start us off 3rd rnd and get the win and the other 3 all fall 3rd rnd. Im driving good so far and really feel like i got a good shot and thats when i fall off of my game and miss the tree and get beat 4th round. So after that we are all sitting around talking and im on the phone with the Lizzard giving him updates of the weekend and my generator starts smoking and shooting flames out of the exhaust. Needless 2 say it want run no more so our problems continue. Then we fixed us some hot dogs and got our grub on and now getting ready 2 call it a night and get our rest in and be ready 4 Day 2 at Bristol.

Double Barrell thinking the Spring Fling is the best bracket race of the hole year. Over 300 bracket cars on the property. This is by far the life and wished we could race like this all the time.

BigDave

Re: On The Road With The MRC

Post by BigDave »

It's pretty cool watching ya'll on the live feed. I saw all of you at one time or another. Hang in there!

FATRABBIT

Post by FATRABBIT »

14 cars left----Shane and lil Turtle left......Good Luck Fellas.....were watching..........http://www.dragraceresults.com/livetiming.cfm?id=7

FATRABBIT

Post by FATRABBIT »

Lil Turtle with a 007 package breaking it off in williams.....and Shane with the win----Both at 7-----

FATRABBIT

Post by FATRABBIT »

Kevin at 4---due to technical difficulty,,dont know if shane made it yet.---------Fat Rabbit Inc.

FATRABBIT

Post by FATRABBIT »

Shane made it----------002 stripe.............Greer Boy's down to 4

FATRABBIT

Post by FATRABBIT »

kevin and shane in the finals----------------------whoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FATRABBIT

Post by FATRABBIT »

I want to be the first to congratulate Kevin Brannon for the win at The Spring Fling at Bristol and also Shane Moddox.I watched them fellas grow up,and race thru the jr dragster division's and i am so happy to see them pull it off.Way to go Kevin and Shane from Fat RAbbit Racing ---------------Good Luck the rest of the weekend.

Sticks

Post by Sticks »

I guess since Fat Rabbit beat me 2 it....I will be the 2nd to congratulate both my bros KB & Suga Shane for bowing up on the mountain........I also want to not leave out my little big bro "G" for making rounds tonight also (losing 5th rnd.).......looking for my bud C geezy (CJ) to get it rolling......I was thinking to myself if I stayed up this late & these boys dont do anything,we was going to have a talk with they got back to South Cackalacky.....lol!!.....Proud of YAll!!

Sticks.....thinking it was the burgers "Silent" brought to the track
Sticks2....there was a lot of quiet fist pumping going on @ my house(trying not to wake my wife)....lol

tapw

Post by tapw »

excellent job fellows, both are well deserving. getting to watch them live they have made it to the big times. sticks,where is that waffle house again.