Nov 6th-TURKEY TROT RACE

Post news about upcoming events here.
S Maddox

Nov 6th-TURKEY TROT RACE

Post by S Maddox »

Just wanna let everybody know that The Turkey Trot race @ Greer Dragway has been moved up a couple of weeks this year. It will be on November 6th. The decision has been made 2 move it up so that hopefully we will have better weather and be able 2 complete the race with no problems. I think it is a good move on Mike Greers part 2 move it and hope everyone will help spread the word and tell other racers that it has been moved up 2 weeks from the normal date. I think Alisha is working on a flyer now on the race but everybody make plans 2 attend!!!!

Double Barrell getting pumped up bout The Turkey Trot and trying 2 do my part on spreading the word so the race is a success 4 Mike Greer. :D :D :D
Double Barrell Maddox

familyaffairracing

Re: Nov 6th-TURKEY TROT RACE

Post by familyaffairracing »

We were telling everybody at Darlington last week about it maybe it be a big turn out , :D

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Sounds good Ricky!!! Hope that all yall make the trip up and bring some more of them union and ware shoals cars with yall. Hoping that we have soom good weather and a packed house at GMAX :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Double Barrell Maddox

GR4X85

Post by GR4X85 »

Saturday, November 6, 2010
36th ANNUAL TURKEY TROT DRAG
Gates Open 9AM * Eliminations 1PM

Car and Driver Entry $60

PRO
5.00-7.99
Winner
$2,500 Cash
2011 Season Pass

Runner-Up
2011 Season Pass
$ 500 Cash

Semi $100

$25 Each Round Won Starting 2nd round except Winner & R/Up

Bonus Purse
0-4.99
Winner $250
R/Up: $150

Winner to next Round Pro

Buy Backs 1st Rd Only: $40

Dash for Cash
4 Sec……..$200
Pro……..….$200
FB………….$200
JD………..…..$50

Foot Brake
No Electronics
Winner
$1,000 Cash
2011 Season Pass

Runner-Up
$ 300 Cash
2011 Season Pass

Semi $100

$25 Each Round Won Starting 2nd round except Winner & R/Up

No Transbrakes

JUNIOR DRAGSTER
1ST: $200.00- Trophy
2ND: $100.00- Trophy
Semi: $50.00
Qtr: $25.00
Entry- $20.00

LOW E.T. :
Open Body
$100.00
Full Body
$100.00

TCR
Teen Championship Racing

1st: 50.00- Trophy
2nd: $25.00- Trophy

Entry$20.00

Spectators
$10.00
Children (6-11)
$3.00
Children (Under 6)
FREE

Season Pass will be given to one lucky spectator for 2011 Season!!

Please bring a New Children’s Toy to be donated to a Local Charity for their Christmas Toy Drive.

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Looks like we gonna have some dry weather for Saturday but a lil on the cool side. Just wanna make a suggestion i think that Mike should do a called time run and dash 4 cash...none of this open time trials. One practice run dash and race so that way we can get started and hopefully get the race complete b4 it gets 2 cold. Just my 2cents worth. Also i got a feeling that its gonna be a packed place come Saturday with racers from all over the carolinas and georgia so everyone needs 2 try and tighten up on the parking so everyone has a place 2 park.

Double Barrell looking forward 2 the Turkey Trot regardless of weather :D :D
Double Barrell Maddox

Tapp903

Post by Tapp903 »

Lets get this going guys where the predictions at?????

BigDave

Post by BigDave »

I agree with you Shane, 1 time run, Dash, and lets race!

Predictions? Well I'm going to predict myself of course! :roll: :lol:

JCNorris

Post by JCNorris »

I am not a fan of the one time run idea especially coming in this thing with a new transmission :? . But I do think there would be plenty of time for two runs and a dash if everyone gets their butts in gear and dont wait till they close the lanes to want to make your run. Get there early and be ready to run!!! :!:

Now on the prediction side I would like to throw out a prediction for Pro... a Dotson,Maddox,Brannon,or Hall , Well that about covers half the Pro field... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Footbrake... dont wanna jinx myself so I will just say a MOPAR...maybe I can get in there somewhere :roll:
Juniors ... those girls have been tough lately so I am gonna say the boys better have there gameface on com Sat!!! :twisted:
TCR ... I may be a little partial to the WATERBOY!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regardless lets all have a goodtime and be safe, see ya SATURDAY!!!
JCNorris

Joe McCoy

Post by Joe McCoy »

Mike told us last Sat he wanted a short open practice then 1 time run then straight to the Dash for cash. With a forecast of 53 for the high temp and 33 for the low that seems pretty reasonable. I told Dave we were bringing a big kerosene heater. My old fat butt gets cold.....LOL.

FATRABBIT

Post by FATRABBIT »

I pick Lil Turtle for the 4 sec bonus...Condratulations on last week at the Farm...I seen where you won the 4 sec part of the 5 sec shootout and lost in the semi's...The overall winner in Pro will be Dennis Calvert and footbrake division i predict Sammy Neese.......Juniors- Casey Stewart will be be gunning them down representing The Ware Shoals first ever girl Track Champion in 2010.TCR got to go with Samantha Rapper.........Well hope everyone has had a good season and its winding down.....See yaw sat..........Who needs time runs------------------Lets dial ---dash for cash and then race......If you need T/R,,,thats why they got Thurday night TNT__________Yaw be good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Fatrabbitracing...............By the way i have some great fatrabbit bobble heads that would make great stocking stuffers if anyone would like to purchase any for Christmas,,,Just let me know..................www.fatrabbitracing.com