2015 Points

Just shoot the breeze and talk about anything.
S Maddox

2015 Points

Post by S Maddox »

With the 2015 points season winding down the points battles are heating up with 4 races to go...
In the Pro class Slick Kip is on top of the heap in the bad Maddox Race Cars mustang. In 2nd place is CJ "redman" Tapp sitting 40 points back. Redman was your 2013 champion and looking to add another championship to his resume. In 3rd place is Travis Dotson and is no stranger to winning championships. Travis after struggling the last few years has won back to back races and is back in the mix sitting 50 points back. Also tied for 3rd Place is The J-train Jay Norris hanging tough in the pro class as he is hitting the bottom. In 5th place got the always tough Mark Davis sitting just 55 points back and staying in striking distance.
In the Footbrake class is some really tight racing with past champions all battling. Got a 3 way tie at the top with Jim Wood coming up and joining the Greer Dragway team this year. Chad Dotson aka The Lizzard trying to add another championship to his long resume of wins and championships already. And of course the J-train Jay Norris looking to make it I think like 37x champion or something like that lol. In 4th place got the veteran Billy Norris showing he still has what it takes as he is sitting just 15 points back. In 5th place is Phil Durham looking for his 1st championship but showing he can handle the pressure and is just 25 points back. Look for the footbrake class to come down to the end and see who comes through in crunch time.
In Jr Dragsters got Parker Dotson on top of the heap trying to finish the deal this year and add another championship to the Dotson family. 2nd place is Morgan Wilson sitting 65 points back. She is still in striking distance but has her work cut out for her. Will "the Thrill" Dotson is sitting in 3rd place in just his rookie season and is showing that he can make some good laps and you better not take him lightly. In 4th place is the very tough Callie Burnett. She is definitely capable of beating anybody at anytime. Rounding out the top 5 is Wallace Wilson. Wallace has proved to be a tough racer this year in what I would say is his 1st time competing on a weekly basis in Greers points.
Thats the points report from Double Barrell and look for weekly updates as the points come to an end.

Also wanna say congrats to the Ware Shoals champions Betty Cooley in Pro. Mike Johnson on back to back championships in FB. And Samantha "Mamp" Hollingsworth in juniors.
Congrats to the Carolina Dragway champions as well. Lee Crawford picked up the pro championship. Joe Cool Hutto in Fb. And Shelby Miles on going back to back in juniors.
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Re: 2015 Points

Post by S Maddox »

3 Races to go....
Don't have much of a race report from last Saturday as I was up at Piedmont getting beat like a drum!!! Starting with pro class Slick Kip and J-train done battle 2nd rnd and Jay come out on top gaining valuable points as he went on to the semis before getting beat. Redman and Travis both lost 1st rnd so gained no valuable points. And #5 man Mark Davis was up at Piedmont doing battle but luckily for him he didn't lose much ground.
IN the FB class it saw 3 of the top 5 lose in Rnd 1 leaving the door wide open for the lizzard and Phil Durham but both fail to capitalize much as they both lost 2nd rnd. So all 5 are still within 5 rnds with 3 races to go.
IN juniors I apologize but didn't get any details on how the top points guys/gal did.

Double barrell will be back at Greer for this Saturday so look for a full report next week!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Is Double Barrell trying to make a fat joke out of that post?? Why did the door have to be "wide" open?? Are you saying me and Phil can't fit through a "regular" sized door?? :lol: :lol: :x :lol: :lol: :x :lol: :x :lol: :lol: :x

The only thing I can add to the Jr report is I'm pretty sure Parker took -.001 stripe against Brother Wil "The Thrill" maybe like 2nd rd?? After not fitting through the "wide" door, I got to do some spectating!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lizzard: maybe I can lose this week...a few pounds that is!!

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

NO Lizzard I'm not calling Phil fat at all now you on the other hand...... :o :o

2 Weeks to go in the points season...
I'm gonna start with Jr Dragsters this week and say congrats to Parker "peanut" Dotson as he has already wrapped up the championship. Congrats buddy proud of you!!!
In Pro Slick Kip proved why he is leading the pack as 1st rnd it saw him and 3rd place man matched up and Kip come out on top and never looked back picking up the win and giving him a big lead with just 2 weeks left. Jay "j-train" Norris still has a chance but has his work cut out for him. If both races go 7 rnds Redman still can sneak up and tie Kip.
Footbrake is where the Battle is at. The Lizzard is hanging onto the points lead he just can't seem to step through the wide open door and pull away from the pack. J-train is sitting in 2nd place just 2 rnds back. Billy Norris gained a rnd on leader Saturday and is now tied with Jim Wood and they are only 3 rnds back. Phil Durham is still in striking distance but has his work cut out for him. Look for Fb to come down to the wire and see who can shine in crunch time. Gold luck to all and I'll have my seat on the hill ready to spectate and watch!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

1 week to go....

2 of the 3 classes have already crowned champions as this week Slick Kip wrapped up the Pro class. It was a good run by Jay, Redman, Travis Dotson to name a few. As I said last week Parker "peanut" Dotson has already claimed the Jr dragster championship. Congrats to Kip and Parker!!!!

Footbrake is where all the action is at coming down the stretch. I wasn't there so idk alot of details but from what I know the lizzard made a few rnds losing in the 3rd rnd. Jay also made a few rnds but couldn't pick up any ground on lizzard as he lost 3rd rnd as well and sitting 2 rnds back. Billy was able to gain a rnd on chad as he made it to the 4th rnd. Now just like Jay, Billy is sitting 2 rnds behind. Jim is slowly slipping but still in striking distance as he is 4 rnds back of lizzard. If my math is right I think Phil was eliminated from contention but I may be wrong on that. Either way Phil has hade a good year and nothing to be disappointed bout. Good luck to all and may the best man win.
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Champions are crowned....
Congrats goes out to my bro Slick Kip Maddox for picking up the Pro track championship in the bad Maddox Race Cars mustang.
In Fb it come down to the end and the lizzard managed to come out on top to knock Jay off his dominant run he has been on. Congrats to Chad on the champioship. Congrats to Jay it has been a run unheard of by you and still had a awesome year finishing 2nd in fb points and 3rd in pro points!!!
In juniors congrats to Peanut Parker Dotson on his Jr dragster championship.

Double barrell ready for bracket finals
Double Barrell Maddox