2015 upgrades, predictions, race reports

Just shoot the breeze and talk about anything.
S Maddox

2015 upgrades, predictions, race reports

Post by S Maddox »

Ok let's hear it what does everyone have going on this winter??? Any upgrades, freshen ups??? Anybody got any predictions for the 2015 season??? My prediction will be that a Tapp will not win the junior dragster championship this year 8-) 8-).

Aside from racing got any sports predictions? Got the national championship game coming up in college football and I'm going with the Ducks to win a high scoring shootout game over buck eyes. Also it's playoff time in the nfl? Who do you got to win super bowl?? I'm not ready to put my prediction in just yet on this.

Double barrel thinking it sure is quiet around here...let's hear it lizzard, fat rabbit, sticks, red man, kb
Double Barrell Maddox

LIZZARD

Re: 2015 upgrades, predictions, race reports

Post by LIZZARD »

I don't have anything going on since I pretty well rebuilt at the end of the year. But I've heard there is a lot of big changes going on down in Moonville. I've heard Maddox Race Cars is burning the midnight oil and trying to hire 3rd and 4th shift employees?? This is all in an effort to get these Maddox cars paid for and upgraded...LOL

My prediction is to be un-predictable!!!

Redman

Post by Redman »

Redman here and I see nothing happening in my stables this winter since I also rebuilt during the season last year, but my younger yet bigger brother Adam will be stepping his game up into either the pro and/or footbrake class this year.

So I can say that Sugar Shane does have one prediction correct. A Tapp will not win the Jr Dragster championship in 2015 lol

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Well looks like my prediction was off on national championship game as the Ducks proved to be just that a duck and Ohio State picked up the national championship. As for the nfl I'm gonna go with New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks to advance this weekend.

Since lizzard has let the cat out of the bag bout me having some winter upgrades I'll go ahead and tell yall that I'm getting my car ready for a huffer. I mean it will be loud and fast...what more could I ask for :lol: :lol:

Aight fatrabbit, sticks, j-train let's hear some reports from yall. Fatrabbit saw the schedule out for wareshoals what's your take on it??
Double Barrell Maddox

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Well after hearing the plans of racers at the Banquet this past Saturday night, it's clear there are a lot of upgrades being done over the winter season!! Track records may be smashed, winning streaks are already being established, and eras of domination are taking form!! I just hope they let me in the gates??

Enjoyed the banquet, as always!! And look forward to the racing season kicking off soon!!

fatrabbit inc.

Post by fatrabbit inc. »

The Thompson estate has been dealing with everyone getting sick,better,then the crud jumps back on you for the last month.Finally it has left our home.But ole red is in the shop,tore down,and getting freshened up.I have parts ordered and stuff in the machine shop.With the help of Daryl Hollin ,i am just freshening things up.It was huffing a lil smoke most of the year,i'm glad it made it to the end.I'm hoping to focus on W/S points and race a lil more than i have the past couple of season's.The new schedule at W/S is a 2 races in 1 day.I am not a fan of it.It may be more fesible for the track and may make more sense for the racer's when you calculate at the end of the year expense,,,,but that's alot of money to spend for the day if you stink it up.Some people work on saturday morning's,,,,,,And i think it will hurt the car count.At the end of the day you going to be sitting at 3 or 4 car's with not a whole lot of money.But we will see what happens i hope i am wrong.Good luck to every one,,,see ya at the track.........................If i run a lil short on getting my stuff back together maybe Double Barrell will front me some cash........I hope i'm good for it........................Fatrabbit Inc.---------W/S Race Reporter--------------lol

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

I know what you mean on sharing the germs Fat Rabbit...when you've got kids around the house they like to share their germs with everybody else...if only they shared their germs like the way they share their toys?? MINE

On the Ware Shoals deal, I can understand your point and the same as others. I guess I sort of have mixed views about it. If the track operators know their "regulars" have to work and can't show up for both races then that's gonna hurt car counts, but I guess the other part of me says the track is at least trying something new or different. Hopefully it all works out for the best on both sides.

And speaking of new ideas...if any of you viewers on here didn't go to Greer's banquet, they had a book on ideas of what you would like to see at Greer. According to Mike, any and all ideas are invited and will be looked at, so if there is something you would like to see and didn't attend the banquet, you are invited to let Mike know. I guess you could use this website to voice your opinions. That would get some action up in here!! LOL

My idea is for me to win for a change...lol

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Fatrabbit hope it's a good year for you down at the shoals and hope the double points races go over good for all involved. Maybe that will open up some Saturdays for the shoals racers to come join us at Greer.

As lizzard said the banquet went good and was good to see everyone and do a little bench racing. As far as the ideas go for Greer as a racer and spectator I would like to see score boards and speakers fixed so everyone can see and hear what's going on. From a racers stand point I'm just glad to have a place to race every week...only thing I would like to see is a set schedule and info instead of waiting till last minute of letting everyone know what's going on. For example maybe 1st Saturday of every month do door cars vs door cars and dragster vs dragster. 2ND Saturday do a special pro race, 3rd Saturday do a special footbrake and junior race, 4th rave leave open for other special races like gear jammers, gassers, top sportsman, etc.
As far as ways to bring more spectators in me and redman discussed this some the other day.
1st idea would be if you bring your ticket from Thursday night you get in on Saturday for $5.00.
2nd idea would be is do some kind of group rate. Either $25.00 for a car load or 4 spectator passes, 4 hot dogs, and 4 drinks for $40.00
3rd idea would be to get spectators involved in the race. Take all spectator tickets and for example if there is 30 pro cars draw 30 tickets and give each ticket a driver. And whoevers driver wins that night they win $100. That way spectators can relate with a driver and have someone to root for and know they may can win a little money as well.
4th idea would be maybe once a month plan a treasure hunt for the kids. Have a schedule like we are gonna do it between dash and 1st rnd and stop racing just like the Halloween race. Put up a list or something at concession stand with the prizes and hints on where to look and let the kids have some fun...after all the kids is our future. Can't never tell if you get involvement maybe they will become interested in juniors or tcr and bring new faces to the track.

That's just a few ideas I had to draw in more spectators. It may cost a little money but just remember if it only brings in 10 or 15 more people that's more then what would be there.

Double barrell ready for the racing season to get started...fat rabbit 2015 ware shoals pro track champion...kinda has a ring to it
Double Barrell Maddox

dragrcr1

Post by dragrcr1 »

Looks like Double Barrell and Redman have been doing some Brain Storming !!!!
Dragrcr1