The Million

Just shoot the breeze and talk about anything.
S Maddox

The Million

Post by S Maddox »

As im sitting in the motorhome I don't have much reporting to do as none of the locals made much noise at all. My car was very good and I drove good 1st rnd as I'm 008 and take 002 for the win but that's where my talert run out. 2nd rnd i flinch and grab button back and of course tree is already on so I'm dead late and my day was done. Silent Joel had no luck as he missed the tree 1st rnd and his day was cut short. Kb struggled with the tree in the dukes nova and his day was ended 2ND rnd...in his dragster he wore out raving Jason lynch 2nd rnd and come back 3rd rnd and gives stripe up 001 to always tough John Labbous jr...but he did manage to win best losing package of rnd and win a set of good year slicks. Ivey made a few rnds before red lighting her chances away 3rd rnd. Darryl Hollin made a good lap 1st rnd for the win but lost 2nd rnd. Krusty and Dylan was doubled in the slow and steady s10. Krusty's day was ended when he went red 3rd rnd and Dylan doing the best of any of us losing 4th rnd. Only other that I know about is Jeremy Hancock is still in as I type this 5th rnd. That's the report from double barrell...hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for everyone
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Re: The Million

Post by S Maddox »

Well another day is in the books for the locals but the race is still going on. I'll start with myself 1st rnd I'm 008 to win a double break out run. 2nd rnd I'm 17 to opponents 17 dead on 2 so with 2 thou to work with I drop to dead 1 and take 1 thou looking like a hero and that's where it went down hill for me. 3rd rnd I'm 007 and absolutely forgot how to drive finish line where I take a football field to go under 8 thou. Silent Joel made a little noise but come up short 3rd rnd as he missed the tree. Kb lost 2nd rnd in dukes nova going red and 3rd rnd in his dragster he makes a decent lap but just not good enough. Ivey lost 1st rnd as her day was ended early. Darryl Hollin made a little noise before going red 3rd rnd. Ken the hammer Ellison got beat 1st rnd and Jamie Southards got beat 1st rnd. So another day in the book and still no money made by any of us. Got 2 more days to cash in and tomorrow is the big day. That's the race report by double barrell.
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Re: The Million

Post by S Maddox »

Well a little late but I'll go ahead and give a final race report on the million. On Saturday they give everyone 2 hits before the big race. I'm feeling pretty good on the tree going in and just need to get on my game on top ende. Well my 2 hits are good as I'm 11 and 14 on tree and go 4.61 both hits. So 1st rnd I pull 2 thou out and I'm 16 at the hit to opponents 12 package so no good and to the buy back window. So I pull 1 thou more out(keep in mind that's 3 thou total from my original starting point) I'm 13 at tree and take 3 thou for the win. 2nd rnd it's a very good look on tree as sun has went down and in the back of my mind I say I need to put some time back in box but say nah let's get after it. Of course I go 3 thou red what I have pulled out of the box and to add the icing go dead on to end my hopes of the million dollar race. Kb survives 1st rnd and saves the buy back money but 2nd rnd gives up stripe 0001 to end his chances in his car but still rolling in dukes nova. 5th rnd rolls around down to 23 cars and he lays down a solid 18 package to be 1 thou behind and end his day. Ivey also made it to the 5th rnd before getting beat so both of them made a little cash.

Onto Sunday and I'm just down in the dumps and not got any confidence I put 4 thou in box for 1st rnd and I'm 009 and going dead on but decide to tighten it up and go 3 above giving stripe up 001 and ending what has been a terrible performance by me. Kb gets rolling in his car but goes 001 red 4th rnd. Silent Joel finally gets going and lays down a few good laps before getting packaged up 4th rnd. Ivey went red 2nd rnd. The hammer got dropped 1st rnd. Darryl Hollin decided he had enough and rolled out Sunday morning and didn't even race. Jamie Southards won 1st rnd and cant remember if she lost 2nd rnd or 3rd. That's the race report by double barrell they whooped up on us this weekend and sent us back to South Carolina....but you know the saying can't keep someone good down long so we will get back after it this weekend.
Double Barrell Maddox