World Finals

Just shoot the breeze and talk about anything.
LIZZARD

World Finals

Post by LIZZARD »

Just wanted to re-iterate what I said in another post, good luck to all the local participants going to World Finals for chances at World Championships in their respective classes.

Summit Super Series: we have 2 participants in the Box class, Shane Maddox and Joseph Bagwell and Parker Dotson in the Junior Dragster class.

Tournament of Champions: we have several in all different classes, Kevin Brannon, Ivey Hutto and Michael White in Top Dragster. Calvin Snow and Ken Ellison in Top Sportsman. I hope I'm not over-looking anyone else??

Good Luck to all and I hope there are multiple World Championships brought back east of Memphis!! Safe travels to all

LIZZARD

Re: World Finals

Post by LIZZARD »

Well I get my Drag Review in the mail and I did leave a name out, Dale Freeman also in Top Sportsman!! Sounds like we've got that class covered with Dale, Ken, Calvin!! Good Luck again

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Well Friday is in the books here at the world finals. Originally was only scheduled for 2 or 3 practice runs but with the weather forecast decided to do 2 practice runs and run 1st rnd. We got our 2 practice runs and I got 2 good hits at tree going 005 on 1st hit and then I knew I hit it good 2nd hit and went 002 red so just need to put a few thou in and be ready. Went 7.34 on 1st run and slowed a little on 2nd run going 7.37. They got 1st rnd started and was running top sportsman when mother nature won out for the night. The only local that had run was the hammer and he won 1st rnd. We are suppose to start at 10 this morning but it has rained all night and still raining now. That's all I got for now maybe the rain will stop and we can get on track sometime today!!!

Double barrell wishing everybody that is going down to union today good luck
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Well as I'm sitting here in the motorhome getting ready to get my grub on and watching the Nascar race I can say Saturday is in the books. It was a long day and we saw a lot of rain on and off during the day. Finally late this afternoon/evening they decided we was going racing. They run a few classes and I was in the lanes ready to do battle and mother nature won again for the night. Kb and Ivey both won 1st rnd of td and Calvin Snow won 1st rnd to top sportsman but dale freeman left the red light burning and lost 1st rnd of top sportsman. That's a wrap on the day and suppose to start at 10 in the morning if mother nature allows.
Double Barrell Maddox

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

First off Congrats to all participants who made it to the World Finals, that's a feat in itself. But Congrats to the locals who made some noise out at Memphis.

The 2014 IHRA Top Dragster World Champion is Kevin Brannon!! We all know how bad the dude is and now the World knows!! Used a .000 reaction time in Finals to turn on the W!!

Shane Maddox fell 1 round short in the Summit Super Series but still a great showing and probably won't be the last time he gets a shot at it again.

Calvin Snow also came up 1 round short but still an impressive weekend for the Voodoo Nova.

Notice a theme with the above mentioned??? 3 finals and all built at Maddox Race Cars...Congrats to Kip and Dale on making a statement of their quality craftsmanship.

Maybe Double Barrel will give us a race report, Congrats to All Participants again!!

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Well lizzard has already gave the results but I'll give a race report from Sunday. Sunday morning we woke up to no rain and I started the day off with my breakfast of Champions (honey bun and orange juice). We got on track around 9:30 and SSS was 2nd class out. So with not being on track in over 36 hours and Temps 25 degrees cooler it was definitely a guessing game. 1st rnd I decide to dial 7.35 thinking I'm holding around 3 but not sure. I'm 009 and opponent is 011 and it turns out we were both holding and I dump off to win a double break out lap. Parker also turned the win light on with a 006 mov. 2nd rnd rolls around and Calvin Snow turns on the win but Ken fails to win his run. In TD Ivey and Kb both win and earning there spots in semi finals. I run the same guy I beat at bracket finals run off and he makes sure to inform me that he owes me. He had me on the ropes as he was 007 to my 022 but breaks out 3 numbers and I stop and go 1 above. Parkers day ended 2nd rnd where he goes 01 red. 3rd rnd coming up and Calvin picks up the win and earns bye to the finals. In TD ivey and kb had to run and they are both 00 on tree and 1 above and kb gets the win. I run a gal in a very nice dragster. We are close at hit as I'm 17 to her 21 but I close the door going dead on 1. The finals roll around and I tell kip I wanna be between 10 and 15 at hit and we have a good chance to win. I go out and do what I want going 13 at tree but it wasn't good enough as my man lays down 14 package and ends my quest for a world championship. Kb rolls out next and shows that he was ready going trip zip and wins a double break out run and earning the Td world championship. Lastly was Calvin and his day ended right at the start when he turned it red. All in all was a good day for the locals at the world finals and a very good day as chad has already said for Maddox Race Cars!!! That's the race report from double barrell
Double Barrell Maddox