Bracket finals

Just shoot the breeze and talk about anything.
S Maddox

Re: Bracket finals

Post by S Maddox »

Wanna start by saying good job reporting and keeping all of us at home updated by lizzard and fatrabbit. To start with wanna say congrats to Team Carolina on winning the team championship for the 4th straight year. Congrats to whomp whomp Thomas bell on picking up the iron man and main event win over team mate Bad Brad Hollingsworth. Also congrats to the Rat Poison on picking up the iron man and main event win in juniors. Also congrats to all other competitors that made deep rnds and some that cashed in on the gamblers race.

Now onto this weekend...team Greer will be rolling into Piedmont looking to bring the Division 9 championship back home with us!!! As of now the weather looks good for the weekend and we got our fingers crossed it stays that way!!! Wanna wish everybody safe travels and will see everyone Thursday night!!! The schedule for the weeekend looks like test n tune on Thursday, Friday having a gamblers race as well as SSS run offs where myself and J-train are looking to represent Greer Dragway and hopefully punch our tickets to Memphis to join Joseph Bagwell for the SSS championship. Saturday shows another gamblers race as well as running 1st rnd of main event. Sunday finish up main event and can't start before noon. That's a run down for the weekend and stay tuned as Double Barrell will be giving race reports throughout the weekend.
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

As I sit here tonight I decide to give a race report. The race report is coming to y'all from double Barrell and sponsored by Maddox Race Cars. It starts out as a rainy dreary morning. We finally got on track around noon. They started with time runs and run the SSS race in with time trials. In pro I represented team Greer and got some good hits and was pumped going into rnd 1. 1st rnd I draw a guy that hasn't got down track either run so with that in my mind and not wanting to go red got a lucky rnd as I was 027 on tree and he was 01 but once again failed to get down. So that was my lucky rnd and 2nd rnd I get back on my game and I'm 005 for the rnd win and earn a trip to Memphis. In finals I go 008 and get the win and a trip to Memphis. Jay was representing us in footbrake but didn't have any luck as he didn't make a bad lap but not good enough for the win. In juniors Parker represented us and proved clutch as he won 1st and 2nd rnd earning a spot to Memphis. He broke in finals but didn't matter at that point. Then we got started with gamblers race and got 4rnds in footbrake complete and 3rnds in top and juniors complete before having to stop for curfew. I know in top I was still in along with Paul Mosley, Mike Moore, Ashley Childress, Mark Davis to name a few may have been one or two others that I'm not sure about. And honestly I don't know who or if we had anybody left in footbrake or juniors. They gonna split money and start fresh back on Schedule in the morning. That's the race report from double Barrell.

Double Barrell ready to head to Memphis!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Well let me start the race report saying it was a beautiful sunny day here at Piedmont Dragway but had very little racing. We started today and was suppose to start another gamblers race at 9 but with timing equipment problems we set around half the day with no racing what so ever. So when they got the problem straightened out they decided it was to late to have a gamblers race so they cancelled it and gave a practice run and ran 1st rnd of main race. In footbrake we had 4 drivers survive 1st rnd with J-train leading the way, Phil Durham, Ronnie forrester, and T-rav "Ishmel" Imhof all will look to hold up the footbrake team on Sunday. In pro we managed to win 11points. I managed to survive 1st rnd, also other winners were David Hall, Chris Childress, slick Kip, silent Joel, Bradley Blackwell, Alisha Alexander, big D Ronnie Dotson, Everette "rocketship" Short, Shannon Roach, and Hot Rod all managed to light the electricity!!! In juniors 4 of the 6 drivers survived with Big A Adam Tapp, Daniel Blackwell, Dalton Raines, and Callie Burnette all survived to race on Sunday!!! We got 19 points and are sitting middle of the pack going into Sunday and need to have a few good rnds to get back in the mix!!! That's the race report from double Barrell!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Well here goes the final race report from the bracket finals. Team Greer had a off year to say the least as we finished 5th place overall but with that being said I wouldn't have wanted to represent any other team. In pro we had 11 still in going into Sunday. Needing to make some noise but we failed to as only 5 cars got past 2nd rnd. 3rd rnd with no hope of winning championship we are just wanting to win the race at this time and things heated up early as 1st pair out is me and tommy plott. I'm 008 at the hit and he is 009 and I drop to go dead 8 and luck was on my side as he is under 1thou. Slick kip bumps 005 green to 005 red in 3rd rnd. Shannon roach takes out a tough competitor in Robert Vogler. Shannon gets beat 4th rnd and I survive as I miss tree and am 023 but take 2 thou to go dead on. Roll around 5th rnd at 8 cars and this is where my day ends as I meet the tree and go 002 but Gary ingold lays down 7 package so I was gonna have my work cut out for me anyways. In footbrake Phil causey made it the deepest where he turned it red 4th rnd. In juniors Daniel "the teacher" was the last man standing for team Greer as he had a great day and made it down to 4 cars before coming up short but still a good day!!!! Congrats goes out to team Farm on winning the championship by 30 points and wearing everybody out but all I can say 2015 we coming for ya!!!!!

Double Barrell still full from all the food we ate this weekend but it sure was good!!!!
Also look forward to seeing everyone at the iron man race Saturday at Greer!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Congrats to Double Barrell and Peanut for advancing to the World Finals for the Summit Super Series. Good luck to both of you as well as The Hendersonville Hitman, Joesph Bagwell on your bid for the World Championship. All I'm gonna say is if I was lucky enough to win it then no reason why any of you can't win it as well...lol
In all seriousness though enjoy the trip and enjoy the time there cause they treat you really nice and of course focus on what you gotta do but take in the experience!! I can't seem to get my way back there to experience again myself!!

Lizzard: more iron men and extra cash on the line this week, hope for a good turnout and the weather is showing that it's racing season!!