Bracket finals

Just shoot the breeze and talk about anything.
S Maddox

Bracket finals

Post by S Maddox »

Hope everyone is ready for the bracket finals. The D2 finals is at Carolina starting tomorrow. Some of out locals will be down there doing battle and trying to pick up wins. I know fatrabbit is pumped and likes his chances at getting a win. The lizzard got his motor back and is looking to get back on his hot streak as earn a trip to Memphis. Many other locals looking to score a win as well. Good luck to all going and safe travels!!!

Then next weekend will be D9 bracket finals at Piedmont Dragway!! I know I'm pumped and seems like all the Greer drivers are as well!! We are looking to bring that #1 spot back to Greer after falling short last year and finishing 2nd.

Maybe fatrabbit and lizzard can give us some race reports throughout the weekend from Carolina!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

LIZZARD

Re: Bracket finals

Post by LIZZARD »

Well it's 11:05pm as I type this, just got in and settled from my typical Bracket Finals routine. Spend all day, everyday leading up to Bracket Finals cleaning everything!! Every year I tell myself I'm not gonna wear myself out cleaning everything but every year I find myself do it anyway...lol, and I enjoy it!! Sort of gets me in the mood to go!! Glad I got my motor back and hopefully got the "bugs" worked out of it. Thanks to Jamie Southards for letting me borrow a ride while mine was out of commission and thanks for the offers from other racers on rides but there is just something about getting back into what you're use too and comfortable with!! Now if I can just translate that into the performance on the track then hopefully we are setup but if not it's at least clean!!! LOL

Will try to give some reports during the weekend of activities and good luck to Fat Rabbit and other on here who are attending!! Good luck to Team Greer the following weekend and wish my schedule would have allowed me to attend that event as well but early Happy Birthday to my daughter that Saturday the 27th!!

Lizzard: what gives the better shine in y'all's opinion...Armour All, Black Magic, Finish 2000 or Lucas Tire Shine?? LOL

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Wednesday night Gamblers Race saw some local racers collect some cash here at Carolina. Lee Crawford and Bruce Patterson were the Finalist in Top ET. Not sure if they even ran the Finals as I ended up falling asleep and if they run the sound of the cars didn't wake me back up?? Had a rain delay and didn't start TT til like 8:30 and going on 1am when I fell asleep. Joseph Bagwell was lone semi-finalist. Eric Webster representing Ware Shoals was R-up in Mod ET. Some other drivers going into deep rounds included Tonya Murray, Tim Owens, Stephen Peeler, Scott King, and Shaun Welch on the motorcycle!!

Lizzard: if I would have hurried up I could have gotten down here in time I guess. Wasn't my plan to run last night but only missed out on activities by about an hour. Maybe the wet weather is gone for remainder of weekend and some racing luck will lead to some good results for the weekend??
Last edited by LIZZARD on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Let me correct myself as I messed up while nodding off...lol, Lee Crawford ends up as the semi-finalist, Bruce Patterson was the R-up. Finished finals at 1:27am, oh I was probably sound asleep by then!! LOL

Time trials are under way this morn on a gray, foggy, over-cast skies

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Thursday night Gamblers Race is in the books and luckily before 1:30 in the morning!! Once again some locals cashed in on the payout. And I'm gonna gladly admit it was the Ware Shoals drivers making the loudest noise. Mickey Chandler took home the win in Jrs., seems like the young man is on a hot streak according to recent Fat Rabbit reports. Lil Man Dale Taylor driving for Luc (don't know how to spell last name, help me Fat Rabbit) took the hired gun opportunity to the R-up position in Top. Casey Sims was the lone semi-finalist in Mod. Shelby Miles was the lone semi-finalist in Jrs., Joe Cool Hutto takes home the win in Mod., this after having to make his way thru the lottery system. No luck for me, gotta get my game together and swing for the fences tom in the Summit run-off. Tim Garret made his way thru the lottery system to make it into the late rounds in Top!! That's about all I can think of for tonight??

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Congrats to all the locals that are wearing em out!!! Lizzard get up on the wheel and wear em out today. Reports are that fatrabbit has gave everyone 2 days to win and now he is rolling in to take over the pro class!!!

Double Barrell just as chad said bout cleaning I washed my trailer last night and gonna spend Saturday cleaning the car and doing some routine maintenance!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Sitting here in a rain shower, what forecast?? LOL

Guess I can give a mid-day/late afternoon update race report. Today was the Summit Super Series run-offs and let's just say I'm not going to Memphis!! lol, I was the #1 qualifier after the time trials with the best reaction time of a .004 and with 13 tracks being present I earned the first round bye. But that's where the hi-lights end for me as I met up with the wrong guy 2nd round. I'm .015 on the tree to my mans .005 package!! Sonny Freeland is the mans name and he went on to win the run-off and advance to the World Finals!! So good luck to him!!

On some good news side, Joseph Bagwell wheeled the Nova to the win in the Box Category of the Summit Super Series. Didn't hear all the runs but the last couple I heard he was .00 on the tree and the Nova was running the numbers not only in this race but on the weekend so far!! Def sending out the good luck to Joseph and Family on the trip to Memphis and the World Finals!!

There has also been a Fat Rabbit sighting!! Last I heard he was chewing bubble gum and taking names for the whippings that were about to take place and he can't stand the bubble gum!!

Lizzard: looking for some luck to change for the better on the race weekend

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Trying to get things caught up after today's activities....Friday's Gambler Race had to be finished up this morning. Locals that made some late round noise included Casey Sims with his 2nd semi final finish in the past 2 days in No Box. Stephen Peeler also making a lot of rounds on the weekend made a semi-final finish in Top. Tim Garrett made it into the late rounds before a delay box mistake cost him the round at maybe the quarters?? That pretty well sums up the Gamblers Races which after a full field time run for all classes leads us into the 1st round of the Main Event. Can't keep track of every race from every local track but some of the names that stick out include myself, Casey Sims, every Crawford from Jerry to Harrison, Devin Gilreath, Ralph DeLoach, Joe Joe, Whomp Whomp Bell, Mike Smow just to name a few all turned on the W's 1st round. Unfortunately names such as Tyler Mosley, Joseph Bagwell, and Fat Rabbit didn't come out on the side they wanted on their particular runs. Due to the late start and late finish on the day the Last Chance Gamblers Race for all 1st round competitors who earned yellow tickets was cancelled but in a way for more revenue to be earned a Lottery position will still be available for some lucky competitor in each class. Tomorrow finishes up the IHRA Heatwave Division 2 East Summit Team Finals at Carolina Dragway presented by Amsoil and hopefully some more good news can be posted here on the official message board...lol

Oh bout to forget after complete 1st round results Team Union is leading the team standings with Pageland and Carolina tied for 2nd...that's a wrap for now!!

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Well here goes the Final wrap-up of the Division 2 East Heatwave Summit Team Finals presented by Amsoil from Carolina Dragway. Once again some local drivers had success and even found their way to the Winners Circle.

Starting off with the over-all Team Championship, Carolina Dragway was coming into the event as the 3-time and defending Summit Team Champions and was looking to make it their 4th. But leading the pack from round 1 of the event was Union County Dragway. Tony Brown must have gave his drivers the pep talk they needed to start strong out of the gate. Couple of tracks tried staying within striking distance which included Pageland, Immokalee, and Carolina. As the rounds continued though Union kept holding the lead riding on the strength of their Junior Dragster drivers, more on that in a little bit. As the rounds continued on couple of the contenders dropped off which left a 2 team duel of Union and Carolina. It was announced that Union had a 7 round lead with only a few rounds remaining. A big momentum swing came in those final few rounds as Union lost several competitors and was left with 2 Jrs. left while Carolina was riding on the strength of their Top ET competitors having 3 out of the Final 8 and all 3 advancing to the Final 4 while Union had 1 of their bullets to fall in the Jr Dragster Category in the semi-final round. As the math would have it Carolina ends up coming from behind in the Final 2 rounds to with their 4th Summit Team Finals in a row. Congrats to them and to Union County Dragway for a very close 2nd place finish but made it interesting all the way to the end!!

To add names to the info above in the Jr Dragster Category, Robbie Pettinato picks up the Win in the Main Event. With a big celebration on the starting line of Union team members along with father Dan, the Rat Poison Racing entry proved clutch in the Finals laying down an .01 and dead on run to pick up the 1st place prize. Robbie over-coming his previous Bracket Finals final round appearance of the R-up position to etch his name in Summit Team Finals glory this time around. Ryan Howard also of Team Union fell short in the semi-final round but helped carry the load for Team Union in the over-all Team Standings. Samantha Hollingsworth for Team Carolina was the lone Jr Competitor left in for Team Carolina but was ousted by Mr Howard I believe in the 5th round. Congrats to all the Jr competitors finding success in the Main Event.

Mod ET Category didn't have any of the actual local tracks in the Final round but a big Congrats goes out to 73 year old Buddy Plyler for Team Pageland parking his Nova in the Winners Circle. If any of you know Buddy he is a super nice guy and a great competitor and if his age isn't a factor, how bout the fact he's still recovering from triple by-pass open heart surgery this summer. Still very weak from the procedure, he told me this was only the 2nd time he's raced since this event. Well deserved Buddy and hope he can get back to full strength!! As far as locals go in Mod ET, I bowed out of the event in round #5 against a very good run by a team Bradenton driver. Mike Petrie was the Final Union driver left in and also dropped out in round #5 also on a very good run against Chris Plott from Immokalee. Jake Sealey also of Carolina fell short in round #4. I'm not aware of any other Union or Ware Shoals Competitors left in at that point of the Main Event??

Top ET is where Team Carolina flexed their muscle and ended up pulling through for the Over-all Team Championship. As has been quoted by a prominent team member for Carolina and a wealth of racing knowledge, Joey Gary of Greenwood, SC told a SC Dragracing website member...you can't expect to come into Team Carolina's home track and expect to beat us on our home turf!! And Team Carolina has shown just that not only in the Over-all Team Championships but also in the Top ET Category as well. Joey's son Joe Joe came into the event as the 2 time and defending Divison 2 East Top ET Champion and was making it look like 3 in a row was in grasp. The 2005 Summit Super Series Box World Champ worked his way down to the Semi-finals where he was joined by 2 other Team Carolina Competitors, Bradley Hollingsworth, a former Jr Dragster Track Champion and from the blood-line of a great racing family. Along with last years Summit Team Finals R-up in Top ET, Thomas WHOMP WHOMP Bell in that deadly fast Undercover Chassis, PAR Automotive Dragster. With Carolina having 3 out of the Final 4 cars remaining in the class, that meant somebody from the team was gonna have to face each other. Thomas Bell was the first pair out facing a Team Bradenton competitor and picks up the W advancing him to his second consecutive final round appearance in the Main Event which left Joe Gary squaring off against Bad Brad. As the competitors left the line Joe Joe run into mechanical issues but Brad being true to form cruised on thru for the W and made it an all Team Carolina Final round in Top ET for the 2nd year in a row. WHOMP WHOMP and Bad Brad came to the line in the Final pair for the event and with Team Championship already secured the tree fell and Brad squeezed off the dreaded red light handing Thomas Bell his avenging final round appearance from a year ago for the Summit 2 East Top ET Champion and the grand prize that goes along with the Victory. Congrats to WHOMP WHOMP and a well deserved accolade added to his resume of drag racing success. Hopefully Fat Rabbit will give us a report on his part of the Main Event road map for him as he made his way down to the Final 8!!

That's my race report summing up the Main Event. Good luck to Team Greer heading to the Division 9 Summit Team Finals at Piedmont this week and good luck to all the Summit Super Series competitors who will hopefully join Joseph Bagwell in Memphis for the World Finals!!

fatrabbit inc.

Post by fatrabbit inc. »

Race Report---------- First of all thanks to Chad Dotson and Shane Maddox for taking the time and updating every one weekly for Race Report's.Congrat's to Joseph Bagwell for punching his ticket to Memphis.We all wish em well.Congrats to Thomas Bell for the Main Event Win. And a big Shout out to Carolina Dragway. As for the W/S gang I think our racer's used all there luck in gambler event's.We were fortunate enough to make some noise on wed with 2 runner up finishes for the day.Bruce Patterson in Top and Eric Webster turning it red in Mod finals.On Thursday night we had footbraker Dale Taylor trying his luck in Top ET driving Luc Desautel's Pro ride.Dale finished the evening with a runner-up finish in the tough field of Top car's.We also had a finalist in junior's.Mickey Chandler started the race with no time run and ended up winning the event.Friday we had gambler's cars survive the late night first round and get to run on Saturday morning.Stephen Peeler who was coming off a semi final appearance Thursday night until a broken starter and flywheel ended his dayAfter a late night repair into the early morning hours, he was was still making some noise on Friday's race as well.He went the furthest of any one by strolling down to the last 5 cars.Fatrabbit rallied to the 3rd round on Friday gamblers and bumped it red.He was fortunate enough to win the lottery and get to run off in the 4th rnd but was unable to survive.In the main Event W/S racer's struggled to turn the (W) light on.We didn't fair too well in the points but some racer's that advanced were Harrison Crawford in junior's 3rd round.Hated Motorsports Shawn Welch made it 4th rnd,Chris Crawford,Bryan Webster,Andrew Sweat,Stephen Peeler,and a few more.I guess Fatrabbit went the furthest of any one.Unfortunately losing on Sat first rnd of main event he tried the Lottery one more time.And yes he hit it again.......After surviving the lottery rnd Fatrabbit was sitting on the bye run at 8 car's and turned it red.........I hate Fatrabbit couldn't keep his luck going but he had a great time with Friends......Good Luck next weekend for the Greer Dragway Team-------------Keep us posted Shane,, we will be looking for REPORT"S......................P.S>-------------I hope all 3 racer's make it to Memphis................Fatrabbit Inc.