Off season projects

Just shoot the breeze and talk about anything.
S Maddox

Off season projects

Post by S Maddox »

So let's hear it??? What all is everybody got going on this offseason for the 2014 season?? New cars? Paint jobs?? Bigger motors???

Double Barrell wishing everyone a happy thanksgiving and good luck if anyone is going racing anywhere!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

dragrcr1

Re: Off season projects

Post by dragrcr1 »

Well Shane, after I finish racing at Farmington this Thanksgiving weekend
I'm just going to freshen up the motor and get some new headers
made by Maddox race cars.

Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving.
Dragrcr1

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

No response from anybody does that mean that nobody is doing anything to there stuff over the winter???

I'm not doing much to mine may change oil and spark plugs :lol: :lol:

What bout you Lizzard got anything going on to the bad nova???
Double Barrell Maddox

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Oh yeah I've got HUGE plans. I think I'm gonna paint my car red and put a Mopar motor in it. Or maybe paint it Cobalt Blue and put a Big Cubic Inch Ford in it. Obviously Green and a Bowtie engine isn't getting the job done!!!

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Lizzard cobalt blue with a small cubic inch ford isn't working for me so maybe I should try out a big cubic inch ford.

Who has a red car with a mopar motor in it???

I know there are a few upgrades going on as I see them down at Maddox Race Cars. (Like maybe a mustang just to mention one) and the real question is how big of a motor is kb gonna build this winter???
Double Barrell Maddox

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Small Cubic Inch.... :roll: :roll: The cylinders in that pig you've got are big enough for my kids to take a bath in!!! :lol: :lol:

Double Barrell wouldnt know what small cubic inches is?? I thought I was gonna have to put a sleeve in a motor of mine one time and thought that would be terribly expensive til I heard that all I needed to do was cut the top and bottom out of an aluminum drink can!!! And for my tall deck block was find a Tall Boy drink can!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope Santa brings me alot of projects/up-grades for my ride??? :oops: :oops: :oops:

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Lizzard Santa may leave you plenty of projects this Christmas but it may be a tea set, sand box, and many more toys for all them youngens you got :lol: :lol:

Well it don't look like anybody is doing anything at all this offseason. I guess kb, Tapw, J-train, sticks, are all just sitting there on go for the 2014 season
Double Barrell Maddox

mikesmartphotography

Post by mikesmartphotography »

Went ahead and put a new crate motor in the Smart Dart. Hope that is all I have to do for now. Maybe take it to Maddox Race Cars at some point later for mini tubs(Don't tell my wife). And as far as that other Mopar, I figure all he will do is pump up the tires and charge the batteries in that machine. lol No reason to mess up a good thing when you got it!

Joe McCoy

Post by Joe McCoy »

I haven't raced in a couple years because of my wife's illness but hope to get out this year some. I brought the old Real McCoy Nova I built in 1988 that has been in Ohio since 1995 home. My brother died so I brought it back home and totally upgraded it. Lukens raced it a few times for me at SS last year. Won the first bracket race he went to so it's ready to go. I sold my 5.30 Nova as a roller a few months ago and it went to Seattle Washington. I bought a 67 T/S Nova from Fulton and have been rebuilding and modifying it since last June when I bought it. It's been a real challenge but I got it completed and running now. I am working on repainting it now then putting it back together so we can start to sort it out on the race track. Plan to run 4.90 and 4.70 Index with it after we get it figured out. I hope to get out and race with you all again. It's been a tought couple years for me.

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Mike I figured that other guy in the mopar would be making off season changes since he hasn't had much luck with his set up over the last several years. :lol: :lol: Joe hope your able to make it back out to Greer this year and run with us some. I know Mark has picked his car up from Madddox Race Cars after building new headers for his ride. But still a lot of other projects going on at the shop.

Double Barrell hoping everybody had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!
Double Barrell Maddox