On the road Montgomery weekend # 2

Just shoot the breeze and talk about anything.
S Maddox

On the road Montgomery weekend # 2

Post by S Maddox »

Here we are at Montgomery after getting a good nights rest. To start it off it was a long trip getting here between the rain and then stopping on the side of 85 to use the bathroom lol. Then we make it to the Alabama line and there has been a bad tractor trailer wreck so we actually sat on 85 for prob hour in a half. The good part is we did have drinks and snacks in the trailer that we got to munch on. Bc needless to say it is prob like 10:30 and we haven't stopped to get supper and poor ol Greg has been wanting to stop to eat for the last 3 hours lol. Well once that cleared we got back going and made it to the motel somewhere round midnight. After getting our room we decide to walk to waffle house to eat. Which I might add was super sketchy and we was just hoping to eat and make it out of there before a fight started or someone got shot lol. Well we got back to the room and got some sleep and now are raring to go today. It rained some over night but hopefully it is all gone and we will have a good weekend of racing. Check back tonight and I'll give updates of how it goes.

Double Barrell ready to bow up on somebody
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Re: On the road Montgomery weekend # 2

Post by S Maddox »

All I can say is day 1 is in the books and these Alabama boys showed us no love at all. In the 1st race I lost 1st rnd-absolutely screwed the stripe up. Bought back and won a good run I'm 12 at tree taking 5 stripe and go dead on 2. 3rd rnd was another good run but I come out on the short end of the stick I'm 11 at tree taking 7 stripe and go under 2 thou. Well race 2 starts and 1st rnd I run same guy that was just .016 package on me and this run I'm 16 at tree and he is .012 package. So I'm in the way when I leave the starting line lol. 2nd rnd I'm 12 at tree and take 12 stripe and break out 7 thou so I need to take 5 stripe. Silent Joel had no luck either in race 1 he won 1st rnd. Lost 2nd bought back and lost 3rd. In race 2 he lost 1st rnd and didn't buy back. Sammy Rowe won 1st rnd lost 2nd bought back and lost 3rd. In race 2 he lost 1st rnd and didnt buy back. The hammer had the worst luck of us all in race 1 1st rnd he gets beat by .0008 and then 2nd rnd he goes .001 red. Race 2 1st rnd he gets beat by .001 and he gets beat 2nd rnd as well. So .0028 cost him 3rnds. Kb is the only one that made many rnds in his car he lost 3rd rnd in race 1 and I think 4th rnd in panama jacks car. Race 2 he lost 4th rnd in his car and 6th rnd in jacks car.

Double Barrell thinking what do you gotta do to win a round?????
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Re: On the road Montgomery weekend # 2

Post by S Maddox »

All I can say is I'm glad this weekend is over. One of the worse performances ive ever had. Me and Joel both got popped 1st rnd bought back and popped again 2nd rnd. Sammy Rowe won 1st and lost 2nd rnd and didnt buy back. Kb got popped 1st and 2nd rnd in jacks car and in his car he won 1st rnd and lost 2nd rnd and didn't buy back. The hammer finally got on his game and made a few rnds losing either 4th or 5th not sure.

Double Barrell hope I can shake this monkey off my back
Double Barrell Maddox