Kevin Scales

Just shoot the breeze and talk about anything.
mikesmartphotography

Kevin Scales

Post by mikesmartphotography »

I didn't know Kevin personally and I feel as if I might have missed out on knowing a great guy. So I went back and found these pics to post from 2010 for everyone to enjoy.
Attachments
Kevin Scales
Kevin Scales
Kevin Scales
Kevin Scales

wildwildwest

Re: Kevin Scales

Post by wildwildwest »

As much as I wish this were a dream, it is not. My racing buddy, best friend, and my brother; did pass away in the early morning hours of January 20 in his bed at home. Kevin may not have been a brother by blood, but he was a brother to me in all other ways. He became a part of my family in 1981, going to the local races helping with my car and my Dad's car. When we got a 3rd car in the stable, Kevin drove my 69 Camaro with great success. Then we decided to move up and began running the roads with the IHRA series. Our greatest accomplishment together came at the IHRA World Nationals in Norwalk in 1996. I qualified #1 in Super Rod and then won the race. Kevin qualified #2 in Quick Rod and he also won the race. And during the interviews with Bret Kepner at the end of the track, the camaras were rolling when we gave each other a big congratulations hug. And yes, that hug was shown on ESPN when they aired that race.

I will miss you always, but you will be in my heart forever. See you in Heaven one day my brother. I love you.

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

RIP KEVIN. Prayers go out to his family and friends from the Maddox Family.
Double Barrell Maddox

familyaffairracing

Post by familyaffairracing »

Remenber those days Tim when he started in that Camaro thats when we had the carolina gambler camaro , He was tuff right off a real winner He was a great guy and well be missed in the racing world , May GOD bless his family ,

hotrod2111

Post by hotrod2111 »

WOW This is sad news indeed!!! Prayers sent to the family.

wildwildwest

Post by wildwildwest »

Here is a link for the arrangements:

http://www.seawright-funeralhome.com/obituaries.aspx

Sticks

Post by Sticks »

I'm still remembering when the first "Mean Green" dragster body left daddy's shop. Me & my family thought alot of Kevin. I always enjoyed being around him. He was always so laid back & just a very positive person who would lend a hand at any time. He was a true "Champion" on & off the track. Kevin you will truely be missed. We need to keep the family in our thoughts & prayers for the days to come.

dartman

Post by dartman »

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family. Kevin was a great guy. He always had a smile on his face when I would see him at the track. He will truly be missed.
Ronnie Forrester