Thanksgiving Racing

Just shoot the breeze and talk about anything.
S Maddox

Thanksgiving Racing

Post by S Maddox »

So who is going racing this weekend? I know ware shoals is running on Thursday, Farmington is running all weekend long(pro cars only), and coastal plains is running Friday and Saturday(footbrake only)???

Double Barrell had planned on being done after carolina but now thinking about going to farmington. Just can't never tell :lol: :lol:
Double Barrell Maddox

Bob Partin

Re: Thanksgiving Racing

Post by Bob Partin »

I'm gonna be there,my lucks gotta change I hope.I think Sharon's gonna put me in rehab until March next year.I told her i'd go crazy sitting home every saturday n Sunday since there won't be any racing going on.

JCNorris

Post by JCNorris »

Leaving for Coastal Plains Thursday Shane. Yeah footbrake only. Anyone else goin?
JCNorris

hotrod2111

Post by hotrod2111 »

Well.....If Jay is going to CP, I really don't why anyone else is but, myself and the hired gun JR be headed east Thursday also. I just hope the rear float from my carb that looked like an elephant stepped on it was the problem with the Vega.

Thinkin if we run over JN on the way,that will be 1 less hitter we have to fool with. Lol :o

dragrcr1

Post by dragrcr1 »

Well, myself and Ken are leaving Wednesday night or Thursday morning, going to Farmington. Maybe after 4 days of racing I can win one round. :lol: :lol: I know that Ken "The Hammer" will go some rounds. I think Tim and Craig are coming up Saturday. Hope to see some more of you there too. I will try to update later.
Dragrcr1

dragrcr1

Post by dragrcr1 »

Well it was a very nice day at the Farm, if you were Tommy Plott :lol: :lol: I doubled today lost in the 3rd in one and lost to Tommy in the 4th i think Bobby lost in round 2 and i think Sharon did also. Ken "Hammer" went to Ware Shoals and he said he lost in the 3rd his on his way to Farmington tonight to race the two ten grander races Fri and Sat. and Everette is coming in the morning.
Hope everyboady had a good Thanksgiving.
Updates to come later.
Dragrcr1

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

I'm heading up to the farm in the morning. See y'all there.
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Well Friday is in the books at Farmington. Nobody really had any luck today. Matt McDaniel and Mike White both lost at 9 cars. Everette Short lost 5th rnd. Ashley Childress worked me 3rd rnd and she got beat 4th rnd. As for the rest of us we all was done 3rd rnd. Even though we didn't make many rounds it was still a eventful day. To start with when me and Tyler Mosley get here this morning I thought Tyler was gonna get in a fight with the guy at the gate :lol: :lol: . Next when 1st rnd gets started Bob Partin tried taking the Christmas tree down when he left the starting line. 2nd rnd is when my problems started but luckily it wasn't nothing major and ken 'the hammer' Ellison broke transmission. So as the race winds down i go over to the hammers trailer to see if they need any help on his car and he has christy rice and Sharon Partin changing his transmission for him while him and jb sit back and watch :lol: :lol: . So two hours later after bob Partin is wound up bout everything I think we finally got ken ready for another day of racing. That's all for the night stay tuned to see what goes on tomorrow at the farm!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Saturday is in the books and was a pretty good day. I fought some skipping problems for the 1st few runs to eventually find a cracked spark plug. When 5th rnd rolls around we have a few cars left in but all get dropped like bad habits. Myself, Tyler 'the kid' Mosley, Everette Short, and 'the hammer' Ken Ellison all got beat that round. Sharon Partin got a handle on the button and Mark Davis got beat 4th rnd. Then we all decide to enter extra chance race. 'the hammer' breaks a starter in staging lanes and gets it fixed just in time for me to work him :lol: . I get beat 3rd rnd. Tyler 'the kid' Mosley was wearing out the dragsters running Bad Bob Partins ride. And the hammer was rolling along as well. They end up making it the finals and make it a all team greer finals. Ken dropped the hammer on the kid in the finals :lol: . Congrats to both of them. Then as the the race is over me and bob partin done a lot of talking and are thinking bout not even racing tomorrow bc we just aren't having any fun at all :lol: :lol:
Double Barrell Maddox

JCNorris

Post by JCNorris »

Well just got back from Coastal Plains and a long weekend of footbrakin. Started out Friday thinking there wasn't even a tree there! :? After two hits my best was .049 :oops: Loosest tree I have ever seen. Thats when I decided to bump it in a lil. After 2 dash4cash attempts my best package wasnt even in the park and thats bad when the car has went 4 7.22s in a row! Well 1st round I am almost turning the top bulb out and finally start getting some win lights! Took one entry to 5th rd and give up the stripe .002 when I coulda took about a football field. 2nd entry I get down to 9 cars and take a lil too much of a bump at the tree and RED! Friday is over for me. Sat we run the 20k and the remainder 5k and I only manage 3rd round at best. :cry: By the end of the weekend I was even trying deep staging! Well 3 trailer tires and 362 miles later and I am home and ready for some down time! See yall at the banquet!!!!!!! 8-)
JCNorris