Whats going on???

Just shoot the breeze and talk about anything.
Joe McCoy

Whats going on???

Post by Joe McCoy »

How is David Hall doing? Did Greer race yesterday? I heard Mike Greer changed traction compounds? Nobody has said how the pits parking turned out. Did Mark find the parts to fix the Beretta? I got almost all the stuff to start getting my motor back together. Already got the trans and converter back and installed, belts rewebbed and in, Outdated NOS bottles recertified, so I'm finally getting closer. What the heck is going on with people? This place is dead but people must have some news or comments on something.

dragrcr1

Re: Whats going on???

Post by dragrcr1 »

Joe McCoy wrote:How is David Hall doing? Did Greer race yesterday? I heard Mike Greer changed traction compounds? Nobody has said how the pits parking turned out. Did Mark find the parts to fix the Beretta? I got almost all the stuff to start getting my motor back together. Already got the trans and converter back and installed, belts rewebbed and in, Outdated NOS bottles recertified, so I'm finally getting closer. What the heck is going on with people? This place is dead but people must have some news or comments on something.

I've been talking to David and he is doing ok,and for the Beretta Wild Wille is going to fix it and Dale Maddoxx is going to finish- up the fab and fitting work.
I was not at the track Sat so I really don't know about it.
Dragrcr1

JCNorris

Post by JCNorris »

Rain Joe. :x Thats about it for saturday. Dont know about the new compound being any better cause my car aint fast enough to tell. It sure does smell good though :lol:
JCNorris

JonathanRobinson

Post by JonathanRobinson »

Well for sat the left lane was great for me!!!! The right lane is totally different...car left good but 60 foot was 6 numbers slow???? I have been told the right was 6 numbers slow. I have always run the left and everyone seemed to like the right that's why I run the left. Now more people is wanting to run the left?????? I didn't really have any major problems going down the right but it shook the tires one time about half track and 30 ft from the finish line the rpms went up higher.... it was spinning. I wasn't the only one that had seen significant rpm changes right at the end. So we need to find out why the right lane is slower than the left and try to get them equaled up.

Just my 2 cents
"00 and loosing"

KB457

Post by KB457 »

Greer said he was gonna check the role out and get them equaled up said he hasnt checked them since we went racing so he will get it right :D :D

Joe McCoy

Post by Joe McCoy »

Glad to hear David is OK. That Willie ought to get Mark fixed up just fine. I guess the track will just take some time to get sorted out. Just seems like every new track has issues while the concrete ages in and gets right. Darn weather gets normal and that should help too. I plan to rebalance my crank and hone my block this week if all goes well and start hanging it back together. I replaced the rods and lifters just to be safe. I dynoed it 3 weeks ago before I took it apart and everything looked OK when it came apart.

Sticks

Post by Sticks »

Joe.....I'm just adding to what some others have posted,but I think considering all the rain we had leading up to saturday it wasn't bad. I believe that everyone was about .10 slow from last week,but the air was alot worse. I did see a couple of the faster dragsters that were shaking something terrible last week didn't have the same tire shake. They were spinning down track but like I said it was better even after all the rain we had. I think the switching to VHT was a good move on Mike's part. It looked to me as if the groove was further down track than from what I remember of last week,so that is a good sign. I'm going to talk to John Cessarich this week and see if we can get a few good weeks of sunshine that will beat down on that track.....lol!! I think that is the best thing we need right now. I agree with KB on the roll out, because I heard some guys say that they were running 20 or 30 numbers different in the box from lane to lane.

Sticks...out