Dart Man (Forrester Racing)

Introduce yourself, add pictures or stats.
dartman

Dart Man (Forrester Racing)

Post by dartman »

I have been drag racing since 1989. Started out racing a 1973 Pontiac Ventura "Spare Parts". Won Turkey trot race in 1990 and the WCS race in 1991. In 1992 built the 1972 Dodge Dart for Thursday grudge racing. Sold the Pontiac and became all out MOPAR MAN in 1993 with no regrets. I have been blessed to be a 4-time Track Champion in the Footbrake class 1998, 2005, 2006 & 2007 and runner-up at Summit Bracket Finals in Rockingham 2007 & 2008. I have also been blessed to have my wife & daughter's support at the track every week. I consider it a privilege to have raced with the late Dean Howard, Eugene Welcher, Bob Mitchell and JC Norris to name a few that are no longer with us. I learned a lot about racing from these guys the hard way! It's also a privilege to race against all of you at Greer every week because like the announcer said at THE ROCK "Greer is simply the best." We have proved it THREE YEARS IN A ROW!!!!!!!!! Way to go team Greer!!!!!!!!

Special thanks to my family, my racing family, my church family but most of all Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior
Oct31689.JPG
2008finals.jpg
Ronnie Forrester

DFisher

Re: Dart Man (Forrester Racing)

Post by DFisher »

Ronnie,
You have a beautiful dart.I am a huge fan. I don't know if you remember me or not we talked in the staging lanes at greer last spring.I asked you if your rear fenders had been streched .I think you said yes if so you can't tell they look factory.I have two 71 Darts and a 69 Dart GT cov.and a 70 Duster.Look forward
to seeing you guys this spring At gmax,ss,and maby Union.
Mopar or Nocar
Bubba

dartman

Post by dartman »

Yes, rear fenders are stretched 3 inches to accomodate 14x32 slicks that I used to run on the car when it was "just a race car". The car is tubbed to run at least 18 inch wide tires, but the rearend was never narrowed. I ran some seriously offset steel ralley wheels when I ran the big tires. Great to hear of some more Mopars showing up at GMax this year.
Ronnie Forrester

sg86coupe

Post by sg86coupe »

Great racer, put me on the trailor many times. More important good guy.