Points Championship Week

Results for Greer Dragway races.
fatrabbit inc.

Points Championship Week

Post by fatrabbit inc. »

This coming week we have Summit Super Series Track Championship week.We have the SHOW DOWN AT THE SHOALS with Tom Thompson battling Big Sammy Hollingsworth,Brian Butler,and Devin Gilreath in a tight battle in Pro points.Any of the 4 driver's can walk away as www.transparts.com Summit Super Series winner.Mike Johnson looks to have Foot Brake points in hand with Mike Crawford and Cody Oxner with a slim chance of catching him.Kaci Stewart and Mickey Chandler will do battle in jr's with only 6 points separating them.Saturday will be a double header with hopes of bringing the 2014 points season to an end. Carolina Dragway is shaping up to be a close points race.Lee Crawford has emerged into the lead with a win at the last points race.He hangs onto it by only 1 point over Tyler Mosley with 2013 Points Champion Joseph Bagwell by 2.WHOMP/WHOMP- Thomas Bell linger's in the 4th spot by only 4 points.This last race is a 5K race and I look for any of them 4 guy's to get paid.Looks like Chad Dotson may have a lock on the foot brake points over Jake Sealey. Junior division has Shelby Miles,Taylor Holland,and Samantha Hollingsworth doing battling for top honors with only a 5 point spread.I haven't seen a run down on Greer Dragway points, but I do know the Chase FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP between Shane Maddox and Paul Mosley has swapped back and forth with David Hall getting in the mix at times.Hear say tells me that after Shane's WIN last week, it has allowed him to emerge into a 3 round advantage with a few to go.This should be a classic Mosley/Maddox battle to the end.In Footbrake I rest assure Jay Norris has kept the STREAK alive.I think it makes 7 in a row.Good Luck to everyone racing for titles and also the ones trying to earn a spot on the Bracket Finals team as well..................And that's THE RACE REPORT....................Fatrabbit Inc.

LIZZARD

Re: Points Championship Week

Post by LIZZARD »

Love it!!! Good luck to all at whatever track you attend this weekend. Maybe Mother Nature will let someone win!!

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Fatrabbit enjoyed reading your article. Good luck to all involved in the points battles at Carolina and ware shoals as y'all wrap up the points season this weekend! As for Greers points David Hall is def in the battle for pro points and Mark Davis and Darryl Childress have been rolling lately staying within striking distance. Junior dragsters is shaping up to come down to the end with Parker "peanut" Dotson and Big A Adam Tapp.

Double Barrell good luck to all and Fatrabbit go get that track championship this weekend buddy!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

It's looking like the weather is gonna cooperate this weekend so points titles could be decided looks like. Once again good luck to all.

Lizzard: glad to get the race report on here, now all we need is for the admin. to allow Cougar to sign on.

fatrabbit inc.

Post by fatrabbit inc. »

Just rode past Ware Shoals Dragway and people are already lining up out side the gate.It looked like a lot of Mike Johnson signs posted every where.The fans are already showing up and doing some tailgating.It should be a great weekend for "The Show Down At The Shoals".Any one looking for great action packed Saturday of Drag Racing come on out and enjoy the day....................Fatrabbit Inc.

fatrabbit inc.

Post by fatrabbit inc. »

www.transparts.com Summit Super Series winner's looks like Mickey Chandler in Jr dragster class won Summit Series Championship again this year with Harrison Crawford chasing him down making it a close finish in the points talley.Kaci Stewart added another points Championship to her resume in 2014.She didn't participate in the Summit Series but will wear the jr dragster Track Championship honors.Shout out to Erik Hanie for winning his first ever race and backing it up with another win in race (2) planting hisself in a solid spot to make the Bracket Finals.Mike Crawford with nothing to lose and a 12 point deficit behind points leader Mike Johnson blasted thru the competition and won Race (1) in Foot Brake.He then made a semi final appearance and I don't want to call it but may have possibly passed Mike Johnson for Track Championship.In Pro points it came down to a 1 point deficit with Brian Butler taking top honors over Tom Thompson in the Mustang and Sammy Hollingsworth rounding out 3rd...We are waiting on senior marketing and staff coordinator Christy Gambrell to announce all points winner's in upcoming day's.Some Race winner's in race (1) were Tim Owens,Mike Crawford,Erik Hanie------Race (2) had a man on a mission Allen Ford picking up a win in Pro over "THE MAIL MAN" Ronnie Deal.Foot Brake honors seen the ole reliable Camaro of Artie Vaughn winning over Casey Simms who has visited 4 final round appearances this year in the vega.And again with all winlights for the day Mike Hanie and son Erik winning race (2) in jr's over THE CHAMP Kaci Lee Stewart.Congrats to all winner's.It was a drama filled day and it was a day for the impossible.But they say-----That's Racing........Look for more info later in the week from THE RACE REPORT........................Fatrabbit Inc.

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Fatrabbit hate to hear that you didn't pull out the championship but still had a good year. Congrats to Casey Sims on his runner up down there.
As far as Greer goes we finally got a Saturday without rain and the racing was action packed. For the pro class a run down of the top points contenders I had a good points day making it down to 4 cars before getting wore out by race winner Everette Short. Paul Mosley sitting 2nd in points had a off day as Ronnie Strange knocked him out in 1st rnd. David Hall was sitting in 3rd place and wasn't even there??? Don't know if he is already throwing the towell in or where he was. 4th and 5th place was Darryl Childress and Mark Davis and I think they both made a rnd or two. In footbrake The J-train entered the day with a commanding lead but had a off day for him as I know he was in the buy back class. Some of the footbrakers battling to get in top 10 or trying to stay in had a good day and helped there causes. In juniors it appears to be a 2 man battle and it heated up 1st rnd when Parker Dotson and Adam Tapp had to run. Parker showing that he is the real deal this year beat Adam and went on to win the race to get a bigger lead over Adam. The next 4 weeks are shaping up to be very interesting and just wanna say good luck to all.

Double Barrell thinking maybe the lizzard will give us a race report on what went down at the house of hook.
Double Barrell wanting to let fatrabbit know next weekend at Greer in pro is gonna be dragsters/dragsters and doorcars/doorcars. Spread the word to all the guys down at the shoals!!
Double Barrell Maddox

fatrabbit inc.

Post by fatrabbit inc. »

Mike Johnson was able to hang on for the Track Championship at Ware Shoals......Congrats to him Bryan Butler in Pro and Kaci Stewart in Jr's............ http://www.wareshoalsdragway.com/Bracket/index.htm Fatrabbit Inc........ Double Barrel I will pass the word along about next weekend and it sounds like a lot of exciting events going on in the points title at Greer.Good Luck to you and to all the front runner's.....It also sounds like they are some good hard racing going on further back in the pack trying to seal a position for the bracket finals as well.....Keep us informed,,,may see ya next weekend...........And that's The Racing Report....

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Fatrabbit sorry to hear of the shortcoming on the Points Championship, but Congrats to all the Champions from Ware Shoals.

Well let's just say it was an eventful day for the Lizzard down at Carolina and unfortunately it's gonna effect some of my info for a good race report. The points Championship ended up going favorably for me as it could have been over with even before 1st round possibly but by nights end it was official. Jake Sealy had a great season and between myself and him kept it mainly a 2-man points race for the entire season. But my issues was during the race for the day. After winning the first 3 rounds in the No Box class, made my way around for round 3 in the Box class. During the burnout I have a pop and motor shuts off. After a brief inspection I find my harmonic balancer sitting at an angle it shouldn't be sitting at so until further mechanical work can be done, I know I've got at least a broke crank?? This incident ended my racing for the night and took a lot of my attention for the rest of the night. I'm not sure on the end results on the points standings in Juniors as Shelby Miles had some room to spare but I know a first round loss opened the door for others to make up ground. I wish I knew for sure on the points but I know her sister Morgan Miles picked up the Win over Zach Pennington in the race. With an on-looking Mom sitting in the bleachers not wanting to "jinx" the situation said this was the first Iron Man for Morgan. Congrats to the Miles team on picking up the Iron Man win and "probably" picking up the Championship in Juniors!!

The points excitement coming into the final race was in the Box category. According to my calculations it was basically a 4 man race with Lee Crawford holding a 1 round lead over Tyler Mosley and Joseph Bagwell with an always dangerous Thomas Bell lurking just a few rounds back. With all 4 drivers advancing through the 1st 2 rounds, it took the 3rd round before a contender would fall as Tyler Mosley could not turn on the W. With 3 out of the 4 still rolling and Tyler (2nd entry) the action only picked up from there. Due to losing exact round number lets say it's around 5th round we have the top 2 points contenders left standing squaring off on the track and 660 feet later Joseph Bagwell takes out Lee Crawford setting up a tie according to all calculations. Thomas Bell falls out that round as well and Bagwell advances down to 6 cars with Points Championship, Iron Man, and 5k to win on the line all at the same time. The Hendersonville Hitman proved clutch and turned the W on at 6 cars and went on to the Final but fell short to Joe Joe Gary for the 5k and Iron Man win!! But what an exciting finish to the Points season and Race. Congrats to Joseph on back to back Championships at Carolina!!

LIZZARD: needing help from Fatrabbit on a better race report from my side!! And knowing Greer's points are gonna have just as much excitement!! Good Luck to all involved

fatrabbit inc.

Post by fatrabbit inc. »

The folks at Greer Dragway are having another door car/dragster race this weekend.The last one was very successful and I hope some of our Ware Shoals Dragway racer's come out and support the race.2 time Track Champion Shane Maddox will be trying to add to his points lead in his quest to win his first ever Championship since graduating from the jr dragster ranks.Paul Mosley,David Hall,Daryl Childress,and Mark Davis are in hot pursuit.Any thing can happen so we will keep every one posted.In Foot brake some folks are locked in top 10 for the Bracket Finals team and others aint.Driver's are focusing on getting one more shot at parking there car in the CompX National sponsored winner's circle by Mike Smart photography in front of the new Greer Dragway sign.Last week Travis Imhof
was having Mustang withdrawls,but was able to finally get the monkey off his back and post a final round appearance with the new vega. Look for him, Sammy Neese,Austin/Phill Durham and all the other top contender's to battle for victory lane..In Jr's Parker Dotson extended his lead over Adam Tapp with 4 to go.It appears to be a 2 man race and probably will go down to the wire.The Greer Dragway Family will have heavy hearts this weekend with the loss of Dottie Brannon.On behalf of the Ware Shoals Dragway Staff and Racer's we offer our most sincere condolences to Terry Brannon and Family.Also to the Greer Dragway family as well.I know a lot of people were very close to Kevin and we will keep every one in our thoughts and prayer's.And that's THE RACE REPORT........Fatrabbit Inc.