Points Championship Week

Results for Greer Dragway races.
S Maddox

Re: Points Championship Week

Post by S Maddox »

As I'm sitting here in the motorhome at Farmington on this cloudy Sunday morning I figured might as well go ahead and give a race report from last nights action at Greer Dragway. 1st off wanna start off by giving Mike Greer a hand for getting then race in. We got a heavy down poor as practice was coming to an end and everyone including myself thought it would be a rain out but Mike didn't give up and got the track back ready and we got to race!! As far as pro goes congrats to Chris Childress and Everette Short on win and runner up and both securing there spot on bracket finals team. As for the points contention it really heated up when Shane #1 in points and Darryl Childress #4 squared off 1st rnd. Darryl showing that he isn't out of contention just yet straps me going perfect at tree and dead 7. Giving me no chance and ending my points day. Darryl then comes back and goes perfect again 2nd rnd for the win over Travis Dotson. 3rd rnd he must have been greedy wanting that 3rd perfect light and turns it red by a few thou to son Chris. Pauley Mosley sitting 2nd in points wasn't able to be with us Saturday as he is in the hospital but appears to be ok. Get well soon Paul and hope to have you back doing battle with us next Saturday. 3rd place man David hall lost 1st rnd just as I did so he gained no ground but ended up with a semi final. 5th place man Mark Davis trying to keep his hopes alive lost 4th rnd so he is still in contention. In footbrake the J train with a lead over cousin Billy. Jay made some rnds and valuable points as Billy fell out early. Miss Brystal Mosley got runner up and helped her cause in getting in the top 10 for the bracket finals. As for juniors go it is still a two man battle and Parker Dotson is showing he is the one to beat. Parker had another final getting runner up to cousin Callie and Big A had another bad outing losing out early. But I wouldn't count out the Tapp team as they have many championships under there belt and can come through in crunch time!!

That's the race report and see everybody next weekend as we have 3 more races to go!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

fatrabbit inc.

Post by fatrabbit inc. »

Good job reporting Shane and good luck today at Farmington.It looks like the points battle carries on and we expect it to be a close one.Good luck to you in your pursuit of a Summit Super Series Championship.Any one of yaw front-runner's can take it all the way to Memphis,,,i am sure of it.Keep everyone up dated and let us know about the farm......Safe Travels---------------Fatrabbit Inc.

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Not to change the subject of the topic, but Fatrabbit I saw some kind of reality show being advertised and taking place in the Upstate area. Backwoods Outlaws or something like that?? Looks like some of it is being videoed at Ware Shoals. Know anything about this or more importantly will you be making an appearance on the show?? Knowing the ratings would be through the roof if they let the Fatrabbit in front of the camera!!

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Well here's the race report from last night. In the pro class it was Everette Short making 3 finals in a row and picking up the win. The rocket ship has the hot hand right now and says he is gonna ride it as long as it lasts. As for the points goes it heated up in 3rd rnd as all the top 3 was still rolling. #2 man Paul Mosley after having some health problems was back with us and he faced #3 man David Hall. Don't know any numbers but know Paul got the win over David. I had the bye run 3rd rnd. 4th rnd rolls around and me and Paul get matched up to do battle. Luckily I managed to come through in crunch time laying down 006 and dead on 6 for the W. That puts me Down to 3 cars looking to add to points lead but Everette Short had other plans and lays down a 002 and dead on 2 giving me no chance. Darryl Childress had a off day losing 1st rnd. Mark Davis was rolling along after winning dash and won 1st 3rnds but had some tough luck 3rd rnd breaking a crank shaft. Hopefully his damage will be minimal and he can get it fixed quickly. Looks like it's down to 2 weeks and I got a 10 rnd lead over Paul Mosley but anything can happen. As for footbrake Jay already had a commanding lead and picked up the win last night over Ronnie Forrester. I don't wanna call it bc I'm not sure if it's official but I think Jay may already have the championship sowed up. In juniors Parker Dotson was battling his car all day and it let him down 1st rnd giving him a early exit and opening the door for Big A Adam Tapp but Adam doesn't take advantage of it and loses 2nd rnd only picking up 1 rnd on Parker. Parker has a 10 rnd lead with 2 go but like I said earlier anything can happen.

Double Barrell wanna wish everybody good luck and hope to see a lot of cars come out next Saturday for the iron Man race !!
Double Barrell Maddox

fatrabbit inc.

Post by fatrabbit inc. »

Race Report Ware Shoals {IRON MAN}-----Brian Butler Motorsports put on an outstanding show Saturday giving 4 competitors an opportunity to win themselves an IHRA Ironman.This Innagural race is scheduled to be a yearly event and Brian plans to make it bigger and better in 2015.The first winner of the evening was Tyler Mosley picking up his first Ironman of the evening capturing the Quick 8 race over Georgia boy Mark Hancock.These 2 finalist were eligible to carry on over into the Pro division and challenge for the overall win and an opportunity for a Ironman.That's exactly what Tyler Mosley did.Coming off a Friday night gambler's win,"THE KID" looked invincible.Holding approximately 2 number's for most of the day combined with consistant 00 bulbs he made his way to the finals were he met up with Andrew Sweat.Tyler was able to pull off the impossible and picked up 2 Ironmen in one day giving Andrew a plaque to take home.In Foot Brake Woody Bryant carried the bye run from first rnd until it was time to cash in and use it giving him a free ride to the finals.There he met Brad Hall who is on a streak.Brad has run 3 times this year and all 3 times he has been sitting in the finals.Woody posted a better reaction time in the finals but after being so consistant all night the car picked up a bit and he broke it out.Brad laid down a good lap also and was able to keep it on his estimated dial in.Brad picked up his second Ironman of his carreer and looks to get more in the future.Jr's seen 2 time W/S Summit Super Series representative Mickey Chandler pick up the Ironman over the very tough Madison Wood.These 2 racer's have a great future and I'm sure they will be contender's at the upcoming Bracket Finals.....Congrats to all the winner's and r-upper's and don't forget about the Greer Dragway Ironman Race this week...........That's "THE RACE REPORT" Fatrabbit Inc.

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Will let Double Barrell give the race report since he's been doing it but staying with the topic wanted to say a Big Congrats to Shane on finishing off the season long Championship in the SH Carter Pro Category. Close points battle all year with some very tough competition and a lot of close runs. Well deserved!!

Big Congrats to the J-train Jay Norris on picking up an unprecedented 7th straight Track Championship in the CVS Builders Foot Brake Category. Tough combination of driver and car shows through in this streak of Championships!! Once again well deserved!!

Big A, Adam Tapp proved this isn't his first pressure situation and the season long points Championship is not over in the Carlton Professional Tree Equipment Jr Dragster Category. Parker 'Peanut' Dotson still holds the lead but it's not over yet. Best of luck to both drivers next weekend. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think Parker is gonna be the Summit Champion either way due to Adam having other obligations?? Once again good luck next weekend!!

Good luck to all trying to earn their way onto the Bracket Finals Team as well

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Well Lizzard beat me to the punch and thanks for the congrats!!!

Here goes the race report from last night!! In pro to start with had a pretty good turn out for the iron man race. Me and Paul both survived 1st rnd. 2nd rnd I roll around and draw 3rd place man David Hall and knew I better be on my game to get past DH. It was a very good run as always when we line up and I get the win by 0001. Paul survived 2nd rnd as well not sure who he had to run. 3rd rnd I turn the win light on again. Paul rolls out and has to run the hottest man on the property Everette Short and Everette turns on the win light. So that loss by Paul wrapped the championship up for me so at this point all pressure is off and I just wanna win the iron man but was still a lot of tough racers left. When we roll around at 4 cars it's me vs purple roadster(not sure guys name) and Tyler Mosley looking for his 3rd iron man in 2 weeks against Richard Dukes. I survived my rnd and Tyler goes red to Dukes. So we roll around in finals and after a lot of trash talking in staging we strap in and Richard goes red giving me the win and the iron man. Still got a lot of battles going on down the line of people trying to get in for bracket finals so next weekend still means a lot for a lot of racers. In footbrake what can I say the J-train gets his #7 championship and proves that he is still the bad boy. Robert Hamrick with no points on his mind just racing for the money come out on top winning him a iron man over very tough racer Austin Durham. (Gotta watch out for them STI boys and the rattle snake Sammy Neese as they have won 50/50 4 straight weeks now) :o :o In juniors the points battle got closer after last night. Parker Dotson with a big lead but having more problems with his car got in a borrowed junior but lost 1st rnd. Big A showing why he is champion capitalized on Parker losing early and went on to win the race and iron man!! Congrats Big A. As my figuring goes I think Parker is up by 4 rnds going into next weekend but I may be wrong on that. Either way it's looking to come down to the wire and good luck to both racers!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

fatrabbit inc.

Post by fatrabbit inc. »

Great job reporting guy's.And Congrats to Shane Maddox on winning the points battle and representing Greer Dragway as Summit Super Series Champion in the ever so tough Pro Division.Jay what an awsome job you have done for the last decade in F/B and congrats as well.Whoever wins and represents Greer as Summit champ or even Track Champ in Jr's,,,way to go also.Seems like them 2 battling for the top spot are alway's posted in a race results line up.Good Job guy's and have fun at the last points race next week.Good luck to all the bracket finals participants.Fatrabbit will be going this year to the Finals at Carolina for the first time in about 3 years.I have never done any good other than gaining a few rounds for the team.........But this year will be a different story........Fatrabbit aint going to have fun and enjoy,,,,,I'm hoping to make a lot of laps and help TEAM Ware Shoals..........Lizzard will be there with Carolina fighting for a spot at the season end Summit World Finals......One of us will keep the inquiring minds informed here at http://www.scdragracing.com. Good Luck to Lizzard.............from THE RACE REPORT ----every one have a great week...........Fatrabbit Inc.

fatrabbit inc.

Post by fatrabbit inc. »

Race Report------ As The Greer Dragway bunch wind the points season down the most competitive spot up for grabs is the Junior Dragster points.It looks as though Parker Dotson out of the Travis Dotson Racing shop is trying to win his first ever points battle.4 Time Points Champion Adam Tapp is keeping the heat on him trailing by only 4 rounds.The Tapp Racing Team has occupied the top spot in juniors for 7 out of the last 8 seasons with older brother C.J. Tapp compiling 3 of the Championships.It looks like Parker is in control of things.Congrats & good luck to both competitors.In Pro Shane Maddox wrapped it up last week over Paul Mosley and David Hall.Footbrake seen Jay Norris compile a big lead over a stout field with Billy Norris and Ronnie Forrester racing for the second spot.It looks to me like Brystal Mosley---Travis Imahoff---- & -Sammy "THE RATTLESNAKE" Neese could get very exciting for the last 2 spots in points.September 24-28 will be Bracket Finals week at Piedmont Dragway in Greensboro N.C for the Greer Drivers --------- Ware Shoals Dragway driver's will be trying there luck in 1 week, September 17-21 at Carolina Dragway for there Bracket Finals.Pro Division driver Bryan Butler and Mike Johnson in Footbrake with Mickey Chandler in Junior's will be representing W/S in the Summit Super Series runoff for a possibility to run for the Summit World Finals in Memphis.Looking at the W/S roster I see some tough competitors in all 3 categories.Good Luck to all the local racer's......Don't forget about the Gasser's this weekend at THE SHOALS.........Fatrabbit Inc.

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Well here goes the race report....to start with props go out to Mike Greer and crew for getting the last points race in after a couple of off/on rain showers. In pro the championship was already over with as I'm honored to say I come out on top. The real battle was down around 23-30 place with everyone battling for a spot on the bracket finals team. It was Mikey Moore, Hot Rod, Richard Dunaway, Red Man Cj Tapp, and Haley Gilstrap. Mikey and red man proved clutch and both made deep rnds with Mikey going red at 5 cars and Cj getting beat at 3 cars and way I have it figured both them earned spots on the team. Hot rod got the 1st rnd win and then went red to myself 2nd rnd. Richard Dunaway was leaking and didn't even get to make 1st rnd. Haley lost 1st rnd ending her points day but went deep rnds over in the buy backs. Not sure on if all these 3 got in or how it settled out yet. Congrats to Shannon Roach on getting back to winners circle and to Phil Causey for working me 3rd rnd and going on to get runner up. In footbrake the championship was already over as J-train made it 7 in a row. There was a few trying to stay in points and work there way in as well. I'm pretty confident to say that Miss Brystal Mosley, the rattlesnake Sammy Neese, and T-rav Travis Imhof all made the team. The water box boy Houston Burch was trying to make up ground and made deep rnds but I believe he come up just short. Also wanna say congrats to Miss Katie Pace on her win in the footbrake class. In juniors is where the battle was between Parker Peanut Dotson and Big A Adam Tapp. Parker after seeing his lead diminish over the last week or 2 and battling with his car goes 00red 1st rnd leaving the door open for Big A. Adam knowing the task at hand proves clutch and makes rnd after rnd and wins the race and championship. Congrats to Adam on his 5th championship and congrats to Parker on a outstanding year as well. The other battle was for the 6th and final spot on the team and was between Morgan Wilson, Daniel Blackwell, and Lorie Davis. I may be wrong but Don't think Lorie was even there. Morgan lost early ending her points day and Daniel won 1st rnd giving him the 6th place finish and final spot on the team. Congrats to all champions and everyone that earned there spot on the bracket finals team. See everyone at Piedmont in 2 weeks. That's the race report from Double Barrell
Double Barrell Maddox