Parker Dotson - Runner-Up

TCR:
George Paris - Winner
Dallas Norris - Runner-Up
Dragrcr1

LIZZARD

Re: Greer Dragway 7/26/14

Post by LIZZARD »

First off Congrats to all the Winners this past Saturday night. A big Congrats to Jamie Southards wheeling that bad to the bone Corvette Roadster to the win in Pro!!! Not only does that thing look good but it runs good too!!

But here is the meat of my post...a big congrats to the turnout and car counts in all the classes this past Saturday night. I know some of the other area tracks were not running and thanks for supporting Greer this past Saturday. But what I would like to see is some feed back esp from the Pro category racers. Greer kept the door cars and dragsters seperate and combined with what I just mentioned made for a great car count which helps everybody (track, racers, and spectators) so Pro racers let's hear it, If you enjoyed that speak up!! Let the track know it and chances are it could happen again sometime. But if we don't say anything then how are they to know?? I paid to run Pro as well as FB and I for one liked the cars being separated...so 1 vote for the likes!! LOL

JCNorris

Post by JCNorris »

I'm with Lizzard on this one. I personally like seperating the field until the later rds. And if it helps with the car count then it helps with the payouts also so it's a win for everyone!
JCNorris

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

So over 30 views and only 1 response...I guess it's like the old saying goes, how is someone to know if you don't tell?? I guess either more people didn't like it or they won't say anything and expect it to just work out??

I know it may not suit everybody but I think myself and Jay are on the same page with the thinking, of whatever it takes to have higher car counts is the ultimate goal. It's better all the way around for everyone.

Lizzard: done talking now

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Well I'm gonna start off by saying congrats to all finalists from Saturday. Especially congrats to Jamie on putting that bad roadster in the winners circle. Footbrake what can I say J-train and lizzard are bad to the bone!!!

As for the dragsters vs dragsters and door cars vs door cars I'm not really partial either way but like y'all already said I liked seeing it a packed house and that's prob one of a very few times this year there has been enough cars to pay full purse. I also can say as a spectator I kinda enjoyed it watching door cars do battle. I know listening to different ones in the pits I heard way more positives then negatives about it so hopefully Greer will give it a try again in near future. Bottom line is more racers bring in more spectators which mean more stuff bought at concession stand. Sounds like a win win for everybody 8-) 8-)

Double Barrell thinking lizzard is never done talking :lol: :lol: :lol:
Double Barrell Maddox

fatrabbit inc.

Post by fatrabbit inc. »

I personally liked the door car dragster race.I would love to see it a once a month event.And try to keep it off other races going on.With every one else running selected races it should be easy to pick dates to have it.As a spectater I think its better side by side racing.As a racer I think with or with out doors the competition at Greer Dragway is as tough as it gets....I made a few laps last week and I think my opponents worst bulb was 008.So as for me Fatrabbit say's the race was a good one.............Fatrabbit Inc.

WHOMPWHOMP

Post by WHOMPWHOMP »

First off im with double barrell doesnt matter either way to me and thats what i think most of your digger guys will say.IMO.I would love to come to GREER more but its just not economically worth it if something is going on just right down the road......But i will make the trip when i can whether separate or not....One thing for sure that dang sun was rough for a minute.....WHOMP OUT

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

As I mentioned earlier, was def glad to see the area support from other tracks. Fat Rabbit I agree 100% and glad you showed up the last 2 weeks. Good luck with this weekend's agenda of business!!

Whomp I agree with you as well. It may not be for everybody and some liked it and I'm sure some didn't or don't care either way. Not sure what had the bigger effect on turnout?? The seperation or other tracks not running?? Either way I don't think either one hurt?? And Whomp you're saving the track money by not showing up...lol

Lizzard: just reminding Fat Rabbit this is SC Drag Racing website, not partial to just one track. The race report is welcome on here as far as I know?? LOL, but if not I understand

dragrcr1

Post by dragrcr1 »

Lizzard: just reminding Fat Rabbit this is SC Drag Racing website, not partial to just one track. The race report is welcome on here as far as I know?? LOL, but if not I understand

All Drag racing reports are welcome. This website is for the racers not just the tracks.
Dragrcr1