IHRA 2012 TEAM FINALS

Results for Greer Dragway races.
23T Altered

IHRA 2012 TEAM FINALS

Post by 23T Altered »

Looks like Division 9 is Sept 21-23 at Piedmont Dragway ???????

bradhall23

Re: IHRA 2012 TEAM FINALS

Post by bradhall23 »

looks like were going back to carolina lol

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Dan anything is a improvement from going to Rockingham. Piedmont is a very nice track and continues doing upgrades to make it even nicer. I think the biggest problem is gonna be parking though bc i dont think they can handle over more then 300 entries. I probably want make the team but i would like to see Greer weigh out all the options and consider switching to Carolina for the bracket finals. Just my opinion
Double Barrell Maddox

23T Altered

Post by 23T Altered »

DB the thing I liked about the rock was the pits we had, on the track, power for most of us and thats about it. I hear Piedmont is a nice track, I checked it out on Goggle Earth it's got some size to it. As for team realignment Does Greer have any say at all?? :?: Or is it up to the IHRA???? :?: last year we were missing 3 or 4 tracks which will be better for Piedmont. As for the move to Div. 2 it will be at Darlington so u could really sleep in for that one!!!!! :lol: :lol:

dragrcr1

Post by dragrcr1 »

Well Dan, I was looking on the IHRA site and it said Division 2 would be run at Carolina Sept 21-23 and i didn't see Farmington having a division race so I'm thinking that the other tracks that went to it would be going to Piedmont. I talked to Mike before and he said that he could switch Division if he wanted to. Myself I would like to go to Carolina.I know that Div 2 has some different rules but everyone has the same opportunity to use them as the next guy.
Dragrcr1

23T Altered

Post by 23T Altered »

:oops: Thanks mark for pointing out my (bad) it is Carolina which is a track I been to and like tks Mark :oops:

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Unfortunately Dan parking is based off where the team finished the previous year. If it was at Rock. we would not be where we've been the past few years.

Farm's Bracket Finals got moved to Richmond.

Carolina has been a good track to me in the past... 8-) 8-) 8-) ....if they could just get rid of the GNATS??? :x :x :x But like what was mentioned above is that switching divisions involves some new rule changes, esp. in No Box, cant oficially call it Foot Brake cause you can use transbrakes and electric/air shifters. I guess thats no big deal and i would just as soon IHRA have 1 set of rules for each division and make everything simpler. I know some of that ivolves the track operators voting on certain rule changes per Division. I dont particularly like the use of transbrakes being used and prefer the "old-school" style of Footbraking, but thats my opinion and what does the opinion of a semi-retired racer/track announcer mean?? ;) ;)

But I will say this for a Division 2 Bracket Finals vs. a Division 9 Bracket Finals....somehow they get a whole lot more racing done at the Div. 2 one?? The last year I went to Darlington in 2009, they had a race on Wed. night, Thurs. Night, Friday Night, ran the SSS run-off, ran the entire main event on Saturday due to the threat of rain on Sunday, ran a hi-rollers race on Sat. night (cant remember who won it?? :lol: ) Woke up Sunday morning and it wasnt raining so they decided to have another Gamblers Race....that was 7 races in one weekend?? You couldnt say you didnt have the chance to go down the track that weekend??

Sorry for the long post...but they seem to get it done each year at a Div. 2 Bracket Finals

JCNorris

Post by JCNorris »

I agree with Lizzard, I like the old school footbrakin myself but if I thought there was a shot at that many races in one weekend...I am in!!! ;)
JCNorris

23T Altered

Post by 23T Altered »

Lizzard you and hot rod and somebody from union. must have the inside scoop is it div 9 or div2 :?: :?:

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

Uhhhhhhh....Nope, i dont make the decisions, just announce?? ;) ;)

Lizzard: apparently I'm always the last to know the inside scoop on info... :lol: :lol: