2010 Greer Dragway

Any suggestions for things you would like added or changed on the site.
racemom560

Re: 2010 Greer Dragway

Post by racemom560 »

I agree with Shane on most of what he said execpt, I don't think f/b should have to pay the same entry fee as pro.
Last edited by racemom560 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cowpensmafia

Post by cowpensmafia »

Wheel-Stand and burn-out Competitions, moms in jrs, slow-poke races can fill the slots when Q-8 and other special events aren't being held

The Cowpens Mafia- thinking they can take the weight out of the dragster and jack the leave up and wheel-stand :lol:

dragrcr1

Post by dragrcr1 »

bagwellracing wrote:The last time i was there on a thursday night i saw that he had ripped some of the wooden benches up and replaced them with some aluminum :D, i saw that there was some more of the aluminum but dont really know how much
The last time I was there Mike had Ben & Randy taking up the wood bleachers and installing aluminum bleachers.
I'll take some pictures of the bleachers the next time I go to GMAX.
Dragrcr1

RRevis

Post by RRevis »

Good deal. I'll let people in on the bleachers.

bagwellracing

Post by bagwellracing »

now we just need some nice bathrooms :D :D :D
Hendersonville Hitman

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Yes that will b good on the bleachers bc like Rockin Rod said earlier that is a big complaint that i always hear as well. I do agree Racemom that FB shouldnt have 2 pay the same purse 2 run for less but they pay the same purse now 2 run for less so thats the reason why i put that.

As a idea 2 get more spectators in Greer should try doin somekind of package ticket pricin every week-maybe like if u come on thursday and saturday do a deal for like $12 for both or something. Or could do somekind of 4tickets,4hotdogs, and 4drinks for like $35. Just a few suggestions.
Double Barrell Maddox

Joe McCoy

Post by Joe McCoy »

Well if you look at SS grandstands it seems to me spectators don't really care about how nice they are as long as they are safe. And Greer has alot better visibility from the hill for spectators with chairs or a blanket. When I go to spectate I want decent rest rooms close to where I am. Maybe a couple port a johns down by the entrance to the track? Spectators don't want to pay to watch a bracket race. Need something to attract people. Maybe a burnout contest or biggest wheelstand contest. A grudgerace between some P/M guys, a couple blown alcohol dragsters, or something that can happen while we still have a bracket race. Try some heads up stuff, 4.70 cars?

Joe McCoy

Post by Joe McCoy »

One more thing, let the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Boys and Girls Clubs, kids with good grades in free? Somebody got to bring them and they get thirsty too. Or a car load price for people?

RRevis

Post by RRevis »

You guys remember the "no bull 5" winston did for nascar? Well ....do it for weekly for the bracket races. Before the race is started draw 5 spectator tickets out and get your 5 people. these 5 people pick a car they think will win the race. If that car wins they win a cash prize! Lets just say $50. If no one picks a winning car the money rolls over to the next week making it $100 and so on.....I bet if that jackpot got big enough people would really roll in there if they knew they had a shot at some cash! Of coarse it would have to be advertised so the general public would know about it. Maybe have a special section for the 5 to sit behind the burnout and have a wireless mic with someone cutting up with them when there car run. Make it fun for them. I'm rambling....bash away!

LIZZARD

Post by LIZZARD »

I've got a couple of suggestions....Since we've been having a discussion on dragsters vs. door cars!! I'd like to see Greer have ONE SET OF RULES for ALL CLASSES. And I'd like to see the bye run be based off reaction time. That way these dragsters don't get it all the time since they have the advantage anyway?? And the reaction time for the bye run carries all the way through the race that way in FB you dont have to draw cards at 3 cars and you don't have to draw cards every round in Jr's. And the winner of the dash in Jr's should have the bye 1st round. Make it simple on everybody by having 1 set of rules.

I'd also like to see the amount of points races dropped to just 15 races and do away with the bonus races. Probably not a popular idea with some people.. ;) ;)

And my last suggestion is if its not too much work and could be arranged between Mark and the Track, i wish we could have a weekly updated points posted on here. Show how many points and how many races have been claimed. I'm no computer person and don't know how much that would involve but it would be nice in my opinion!!

Lizzard: just suggestions