2010 Greer Dragway

Any suggestions for things you would like added or changed on the site.
Sticks

Re: 2010 Greer Dragway

Post by Sticks »

An idea I had thought of was to get the mailing list updated and lets do some advertising that way,too. I think that Mike can get a schedule sorta put together,and a few weeks in advance mail these flyers out for that particular event. I think it would help more for the guys that travel here to race that might not be a regular. I don't see why you couldn't to start with just an e-mail mailing list,because as we all know that we are in a technology driven world now.I think if and when it is advertised on the radio I believe that it needs to be on a few different stations(Rock 101,92.5 or 100.5,and even like 93.3),or even to help on the costs alternate stations.You will be in the ear of more than just certain people,because some people listen to one station but not another(they might miss the ad).I'm very proud and excited over what Mike has begun here because people we are just getting started.I hope 2010 will be HUGE!! I just want to be right in the middle of it..lol!

Sticks...is glad to be back in the SOUTH!!

Sticks

Post by Sticks »

I also wish just atleast for 1 week if Larry Wright could be up to it to come and announce 1 more time.If we did that we would have to get Stewart back 1 more time to run the starting line. I hope everyone has a safe HAPPY HOLIDAY, and Santa brings everybody new stuff to go on their rides for the new decade (2010).

sticks..putting that on his list for Santa
sticks2...wandering if Suga is going to do the Polar Plunge

FATRABBIT

Post by FATRABBIT »

Another suggestion for the new season would be to have a sweet 16 car shoot out for the top 16 guy's in points.This would add aditional drama fot the race to get in the 16th spot, just like the nascar points have done and the NHRA countdown has done. Look at the drama Robert Hight added barely getting in on the count down and then wore them out.All 3 classes, and since we dont have no one to sponsor it, i would say if you want in to participate, you would have to pay an entry fee and maybe take some of the 50/50 money and add to the pot.But i know the 50/50 money comes in handy for the bracket finals,so maybe dont touch it.--------------Another idea for a race that would be different is.....Door car VS Dragster.....It would be $60 entry-32 cars....16 cars vs 16 dragster's,,,,But to get in it would be a pre entry race,,all spots would have to be pre paid and every door car would have a dragster teammate....Cars run each other,,dragsters run each other till the final run off....$50 would go toward the purse and the $10 would go toward the 2 drivers that scored the most rounds.For instance, Fatrabbit ,just say my teammate was Ronnie Strange he would run his race, and i would run mine and if we accumaleted the most rounds between the two of us it would give the both of us $160 a piece.It may be more trouble than its worth,,but i think it would be fun....1st round could be run as the dash for cash rnd to get half of it out of the way before regular program starts....Think about it.....Double Barrel and Brother Kip team Maddox--Ronnie & Chad Dotson,,,But in order to get in the race you have to have a partner........Just a suggestion,Take care and let me know what ya think,,,,and i hope i explained it clearly.....But i'll take Strange Are Revis as my danciong partner..........Merry Christmas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fatrabbit Racing Inc.

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Fatrabbit i like the idea of having a doorcar vs dragster race but im just worried that there isnt a door car that would team up with me unless they just felt sry for me or something. I also agree with Suma that we need 2 do our part of advertising for Greer 2 get the spectators in there. Tell ur family, friends, co-workers bout Greer and the improvements and try 2 talk them into comin out and watching.

Double Barrell thinkin if sticks will do the polar plunge that he will 8-) 8-) 8-)
Double Barrell lookin for a motorhome if anybody knows where one is at for sale!!!!
Merry Christmas 2 all
Double Barrell Maddox

JCNorris

Post by JCNorris »

All ideas are sounding good sofar. The long car , door car deal would be cool. I feel DoubleBarrells pain , I dont know if I could find a partner for a foot brake car :? :? .
I also think we will have to be patient with the coming year with so much already going on I am sure good things are on the way :D

JCNorris .... ???
JCNorris

drag2728

Post by drag2728 »

Merry Christmas to all, really looking foward to seeing everyone next year. Johnboy

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

I know we have kinda got off talkin bout suggestions 4 the new year but i just wanted 2 mention that i think even if Greer dont put out a schedule of races such as quick 8, big money races, etc that he should at least have stuff scheduled 3 or 4 weeks in advance so people can make plans 2 attend and will allow all of us(the racers) 2 help spread the word. Just a thought that i had and wanted 2 throw it out there.

Double Barrell ready 4 it 2 warm up some!!!!
Double Barrell Maddox

JCNorris

Post by JCNorris »

I got another idea here. I think it would be cool for the winners in footbrake and pro to run at the end of the night. You know no points or anything maybe a little side bet action but just for fun. :D With all the good ideas on here already this may have been mentioned and if so ooops. Not trying to step on toes. Just thought that this would be easy and fun too!!! :mrgreen:
JCNorris

ShaneArrowood

Post by ShaneArrowood »

JCNorris wrote:I got another idea here. I think it would be cool for the winners in footbrake and pro to run at the end of the night. You know no points or anything maybe a little side bet action but just for fun. :D With all the good ideas on here already this may have been mentioned and if so ooops. Not trying to step on toes. Just thought that this would be easy and fun too!!! :mrgreen:
Jay, what would you do when you won both pro and fb again? :D And who would you bet on? Sounds like a win,win situation! ;)
MOPAR OR NO CAR

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

Jay that is a good idea there....just give someone a lil extra bragging rights at the end of the nite. I just hope that all these ideas and suggestions are being looked at and maybe some will go into effect in the 2010 season.
Double Barrell Maddox