2010 Greer Dragway

Any suggestions for things you would like added or changed on the site.
S Maddox

2010 Greer Dragway

Post by S Maddox »

2010 Suggestions/Changes at Greer Dragway:

Just wandering if anybody has any suggestions for Mike Greer and the gang at Greer Dragway that will make it better for the racer/spectator and Mike Greer and Greer Dragway? Just wantin 2 get some thoughts on what everyone would like 2 see change.

Just a reminder 2 everyone that this isnt a topic that i started for everybody 2 bash Mike Greer and the Track from the past. This is just for some ideas and suggestions 2 let Mike know what everybody is wanting?

Double Barrell thinkin that it would b nice 2 have a 3grand in Pro and 1500 in footbrake once a month!!!! :) :) :)
Double Barrell Maddox

dartman

Re: 2010 Greer Dragway

Post by dartman »

I think some new restroom facilities would be a great improvement!
Ronnie Forrester

KB457

Post by KB457 »

I agree with both of you $3000 pro and $1500 footbrake once a month would be great and also nicer bathrooms would be a great addition 2 The New GMAX :lol: :lol:

bagwellracing

Post by bagwellracing »

dad and me were talking about this earlier in the month. Does everybody remember how many show cars came to greer the day of the slingshot dragster race? well we were thinking that some sorta friday night cruise in/ car show maybe once a month, maybe letting them make passes in there street show cars. just being a fun night maybe charging 5-7$ a car load in the gate. It would bring in money plus be fun for families. just an idea..... ;) :D :D
Hendersonville Hitman

drag2728

Post by drag2728 »

I agree on the 3000 and 1500. i hope he levels the right side of the return road. i also think as many spectators as he gets they should have a quick 8 a month also. he needs to run some of those hitters off so some of us ga. crackers may have a chance. :mrgreen:

JonathanRobinson

Post by JonathanRobinson »

All the above sounds good. plus some 10.5 races and "go by the rules"

I also think having a DOT Street class for the ones that cant run TCR anymore that doesn't really have the money to go into fb or pro. Its just a inexpensive way to have fun. Who doesn't like to have fun lol
"00 and loosing"

S Maddox

Post by S Maddox »

I do agree that some nicer restrooms would b nice 2 have and i like the idea of maybe a car show or something like bagwell mentioned.

As a racer i would like 2 see maybe the purse b increased-
Pro- $1500 win, $500 r-up, $250 semis, and $25 a round startin with 2nd rnd win
Foot Brake- $800 win, $300 r-up, $150 semis, and $25 a round startin 2nd rnd win
Maybe do like a $50 entry fee and $30 Buy-backs

As a spectator i would like 2 see quick 8 races, 10.5 races, maybe even do some gear jammers.

Just some ideas 2 think about!!!!! :D :D :D
Double Barrell Maddox

RRevis

Post by RRevis »

Well in my opinion he needs to get the spectators in the house! How is the question? That's what is going to make him money! The more money he makes the more he will keep doing. I keep telling people (spectators) about Greer doing alot of improvements and I do get alot of, (have the did anything with the stands?). I have not been to the big stands in awhile so I don't know but the ones behind the burout area are rough.
As bracket racers how can we help to get peeps in the seats on bracket night? If there were some kind of way to get the spectators involved in the weekly bracket program in the end it would be better for us. I know he can't do a big show every single week ie match races,10.5's etc. So what can we do to help fill the void on bracket night?

JCNorris

Post by JCNorris »

I like the purse ideas also. And everyone knows the quick 8s and outlaws draw the crowds so throw them in and lets all be openminded to changes and see just how good G MAX can be in 2010!!! :D :D :D
JCNorris

bagwellracing

Post by bagwellracing »

The last time i was there on a thursday night i saw that he had ripped some of the wooden benches up and replaced them with some aluminum :D, i saw that there was some more of the aluminum but dont really know how much
Hendersonville Hitman